Gutsy Game Warden

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bamabww, Nov 6, 2012.

1. bamabww

bamabww New Member

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:thumbsup: I am always heartened to see stuff like that. It is amazing sometimes to witness the compassion some folks display. At times it can be misguided and dangerous, but their hearts are in the right place. Hats off :hi:to this guy for being persistent.

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

very cool video...

4. Papakeith

Papakeith New Member

Wow! Cool video, but damn that was stupid of him. I'm glad the moose decided to bolt rather than charge. 1500 lbs of moose always wins in a confrontation with 200lbs of human.

On another note. Who built that swing! Talk about stable.:think: You'd think that the moose could have just walked off trailing the swing behind it.:lol:

5. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

incredible video wayne!

6. pturley

pturley New Member

I think if the moose would've been in fall antlers instead of summer velvet, he likely would have...

I've seen deer in velvet stop and turn their heads to get around twigs during the summer.

7. Tyro

Tyro Member

Does anyone know where that took place? Canada, Maine? out west?

Just curious

8. Iddee

Iddee New Member

PK, there is a difference in stupid and knowing your subject. Just ask any beekeeper.

He knew quite well what he was doing.

9. Papakeith

Papakeith New Member

And yet, we still manage to get stung on a fairly regular basis. :razz:

I'm forced to ponder the fate of that fellow who "knew" the bears he decided to live with. Or, for that matter any other expert who knew their opponent.
    I know horses in my care, but that didn't stop one of them from running through me one morning because a plastic bag flew by.
    I'll agree that it may have been a calculated risk, but daaaayummn they make tranquilizer guns for a reason ya know?:hunter:

10. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Yep, you're right, but people climb mountains, too. Most make it, but not all. Of course, some die trying to cross a flat street. All life is a risk, but he had a much better chance with the moose than i would have, or others who have never seen one alive, much less interacted with them. He was just a good warden doing his job.

11. Minz

Minz Member

with the sound of that breathing I think it could have went either way. hard to say what was behind him other than the camera men.

12. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

If you'd like to see this video with the sound please see our other video posted labeled Moose1.

Weber County Sheriff's Sergeant helps cut a moose loose that is stuck in some swings! Luckily everything worked out and the moose survived. After the video ends the moose was so exhausted he went over to the home and layed down. The Sergeant brought the moose some water and took a hose and cooled him down. Utah Division of Natural Resources stated swing sets and volleyball nets are very hazardous for the animals.

13. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

I am grateful that the moose took off rather than the alternative. I do think that moose was feeling pretty well whipped by the time it was freed though. Good think good the warden. A good dose of stupid can come in handy during acts of bravery. I do give the warden credit. He did a good thing. risky but good. I love the look on his face at the very end "Did I really just do that"?!!

14. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Good video. Don't think most people think of moose when they set up swingsets.