Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Omie, that was incredibly good reading! You have probably gained more wisdom on beekeeping, faster than anyone I know. I am glad you have chosen to share your experiences on the forum and mentor as well. :bow:

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
You got it, Perry. She is about the fastest learning and most thorough new beek I have ever met.

Omie, thank you again for your presence here.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
you are the kind of student who makes a teacher proud. without a doubt you have come a long ways in a short period of time.

and now you are the teacher and this is all good.

hats off to ya'....

·
Registered
983 Posts
YOU ARE THE KEEPER OMIE:wink:

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Good job on being the mentor!! Makes you feel good don't it.

Most times all that is needed is to read the signs, do a little quite time thinking and the answer is plain.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
how come the 'expert' didn't know it was merely a new hidden queen in there??...wandering off scratching his head over the imaginary laying workers...?
I don't claim to be an expert and I willingly deferr to Omie's vast knowledge (that is said in all sincerity). But, I would have made the same mistake--based on the unpleasant experience of having had hives with laying workers (definitely queenless), where I would find multiple eggs in some cells. :dash1:

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Good job on being the mentor!! Makes you feel good don't it.

Most times all that is needed is to read the signs, do a little quite time thinking and the answer is plain.
This is huge for me. Many times I will encounter something and I am unsure of how to proceed. Often I will simply just walk a few feet away, take a few breathes and even verbalize (yes, out loud) what it is I am seeing and the possibilities that exist. By process of elimination I often come up with the plan I use.
Maybe that's why people think I'm different, they see me talking to myself. :lol:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Maybe that's why people think I'm different, they see me talking to myself. :lol:
That's OK Perry, everybody likes talking to smart people:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
omie said:

"I just thought it was so great that I got a chance to put to actual use the new knowledge I got HERE just the other day ! I felt good being sure of what the 'problem' really was and being able to calm my poor friend down and avoid them installing yet a third doomed queen."

and i might add omie, to share your experience here so that others might learn from it. :grin:

about talking to one's self in examination of a bee problem, i do verbalize out loud, but usually at the bees who are not listening, (so i must 'listen'), but more like 'what the bee-jeebers is going on here' and 'what are you girls doing in here' :lol:

or what others might think when they see us doing a dance in the yard (upon discovering successful queening), yelling in sheer joy, 'a queen, a queen, i have a queen!!!! as if we were proclaiming the birth of a child.....:yahoo:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
omie said:
"Or...
...what others might think when they see us doing a dance in the yard (upon discovering that a bee has found its way up our pant leg), a' whoopin' and a' hollerin'... :shock:"

omie, since the bees have dances, would we call that the whoopin' hollerin' dance? :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts