happy new year and food for thought

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Dec 31, 2010.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

ole riverrat was taught to leave borrowed items in better shape than you found them. since we all live on borrowed time Did you leave your life in 2010 in better shape than you found it in 2009 if not you might look ahead and see how to fix it for next year. happy new year to all my friends on the forum and looking forward to makeing new ones in 2011

2. charmd2

charmd2 New Member

Happy new year to everyone here too!

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone and may it be better than last year.

4. Ladyleo191

Ladyleo191 New Member

I'll add my wishes for a Warm, Safe and Happy New Year.

5. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Good morning and Happy New Year from Nova Scotia. Believe it or not, we still have no snow up here! :yahoo:
    Perry

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Afternoon everybody, we have started out with a very wet new year so far.

Hey Perry, my Mom vacationed on time up in Nova Scotia and said it was an absolutely beautiful place and all of the fresh seafood was the best. Don't know of the area she was in though, will ask her later and get back to you on that.

7. Walt B

Walt B New Member

2011 started better than 2010...no opossums running through the house ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Walt

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Sounds like a good story, do tell

9. Walt B

Walt B New Member

G3, last New Year's Eve I thought it was a little cold in the house, but didn't get up to check because it was cold. Finally I got up and found the back door had blown open. As I was closing it, I noticed an "animal" going around the corner into the dining room.

My hope was that it was our cat, but she was still in bed with my wife, both sleeping nicely. The animal was an opposum. So, I proceded to try and herd the critter from the office through the dining room, into the kitchen, and out the back door.

Finally got it out...without disturbing the cat or wife. Figured it wasn't a good omen for the coming year...but I did fix the door :D

Walt

10. G3farms

G3farms New Member

That is pretty funny.

When we first got married we lived in a trailer that had the AC unit sitting outside with large flexible duct coming in under the trailer with the heating elements inside. One night we had gotten home about 11:00 and I told Donna I was going to watch the news then come to bed. I heard a couple of cats outside squalling and carring on, then heard them under the trailer where it sounded like they were tearing into the fex duct. There was a vent right in front of the tv and all of a sudden a flash of fur ball went by in the vent and then hit the heating elements that were on at the time, a resounding cat yell and then the smell of burnt fur. Had to pull the vent open and reach in as far as I could, only able to get two fingers around the cats neck and extract him. I meant to kill the cat once outside but he got the better of me. Now all of the inside smelled like burned hair so we had to open all of the windows and doors.

11. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Left 2010 in pretty good shape, but she took some kin folk with her :( .I have my dad;s sister and two cousins that are older than me on the brooks side,and if i out live them i'll be the family Patriot :shock: I'm going to work at making 2011 better unless Mother Nature or Father time has another idea.I still have 3 brothers and 31 first cousins that are younger than i :thumbsup: . Plan on bringing my hives back up to sixty this summer and cut down on the truck farm.The wife said if i don't she's going to quit :shock: . Jack