Harvest Lane Honey Equipment

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by OhYeahMachoMan, Jan 1, 2017.

1. OhYeahMachoMan

OhYeahMachoMan New Member

Hey guys forgive me if it's already been discussed but I couldn't find it anywhere. My question is, how is harvest lane honey equipment? It seems to be priced cheap but I didn't know what the opinion of it is. This will be my first year keeping bees. Thank you

2. camero7

camero7 Member

3. OhYeahMachoMan

OhYeahMachoMan New Member

Thanks for the response. If I bought from Mann lake it would be 37 for a medium with frames plus shipping and taxand if I bought the harvest lane box locally it would be 43 plus tax assembled. So, what's the quality of harvest lane compared to Mann lake or better bee?

4. camero7

camero7 Member

Can't answer that because I've never ordered from them. I like Mann Lake quality and I always order over $100 so I get free shipping.

5. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

I always order Dadant, they are close to me, unless I need something they don't carry. I do like Brushy Mountain quality. Have never bought a box or frames from Mann Lake I don't think, just pollen sub and whatever I used to bump up to get free shipping.

6. camero7

camero7 Member

Had a very bad experience with Dadant, crossed them off my list. Customer service wouldn't make it right.

7. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

well the Paris, TX store has done me right since 2011, so they are still on my list. Brushy Mountain boxes, and bottom boards, lids, the medium nucs, could be addicting though. If I order enough for free shipping, and actually need that much, their quality is better

8. paint504

paint504 Member

Try south Florida bee supplies, they have quality + cheap prices equipment.