Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes, this time of year most definately. If you can quickly extract put the original back on and they will clean it up/start re-filling.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I carry an empty with me and as soon as I pull the full one off I put an empty one on. It seems like there is always one frame not completely capped or ready and I usually put it in the replacement super instead of carrying it to the house.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I carry an empty with me and as soon as I pull the full one off I put an empty one on. It seems like there is always one frame not completely capped or ready and I usually put it in the replacement super instead of carrying it to the house.
if you have the extra, wayne's advice, is good advice, put another on right away, you can always take the extracted super back to them for them to lick it clean:grin:

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
If you pull the supers and place them back the same day, it is a win-win. They have room, your work is done, and you don't have to mess with empty supers or robbing.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
iddee, it is a 'win-win', it's a win-win too if one has extra equipment to flop on there, and/or (tec's comment) the "pest associated with holding wet supers"....carrying it back......the same day or another day:grin:

hearing ya' on work done and messing with wet empty supers:wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts