Having Withdrawals...

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by DonMcJr, Dec 15, 2012.

1. DonMcJr

DonMcJr New Member

Man I can't go in my hives or anything! Blah! I walked by them the other day and wondered how they were but it was too cold to peek...

Gonna have to make some mead until Maple Syrup Season gets here and then Spring!

2. Noronajo

Noronajo New Member

It's supposed to be close to 70 today and bees are flying- don't think they're any less confused than I am about the crazy on again-off again winter. All I can do is hoist the back of the hives and hope there's enough stores in case winter does get here!

3. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

1st Im setting up the wife and mother-in-law at the farmers market then going to help a new beek set up his 1st hive in the morning then Im off to open up a shed floor to do a removal, will take lots of picks of all of it for you poor winter bound beeks.

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:bow::bow::bow::goodpost:

5. Lburou

Lburou Member

It is frustrating for sure. I picked a drone from the front of a hive today and practiced marking it. Have to do something to stop the boredom :)

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

yankee beekeepers are so predictable.... except of course for those that do the right thing and bring their girls south.

7. DLMKA

DLMKA New Member

I assembled 6 screened bottom boards today and cut pieces to size to make 20 med supers. Headed back to the garage to cut frame rest rabbets after the kids are in bed hopefully I can get all the box joint cuts done this week and assemble them all next week. I'm not buying or assembling wooden ware in the spring and summer again this year, I didn't have time for anything else with work too.

8. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

my Sunday went well, see swarm and cutouts and this section under setting up a new beek:yahoo: