Hello and Please Help Me

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brandon, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Brandon

Brandon New Member

I'm not a bee keeper, but let me tell you, I'm starting to feel like one.

There is an unoccupied house in disrepair next door to me. Over the past month I have watch bees build what is no doubt a massive hive through a hole in the house siding. We are talking millions of bees at this point. Over the weekend they started swarming probably from some heavy winds we were experiencing and going outside to my backyard, only 10 feet from the hole and hive, was no longer an option.

I had literally no clue what to do because I didnt know who owned the house. It is literally a dilapidated mess in a million dollar neighborhood. I called the city and they said they couldnt do a thing because the house is owned and someone is paying the taxes but they wouldnt tell me who. I contacted a real estate friend and acquired the information. I called the owner and we battled over the phone about what a disaster the house is, but I digress. The owner sent someone over early today and they sealed the hole to the hive with expanding foam. Now there is a million pissed off bees flying everywhere and smothering what used to be the opening.

If this was my house I would have called someone to remove the bees. Now I think I am going to simply become their rescuer. This really uspsets me. How could people be so stupid?

I am at a loss as what to do. You are experts. I plead for your insights.

2. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Active Member

google for local bee keepers that will come get the bees..if you put down your location there may be someone here that could help..

camero7 likes this.

3. Brandon

Brandon New Member

I broke out some of the foam after I posted yesterday and bees were flying in and out again and seemed to calm down. I got stung twice but no worries. Early today a local bee keeper came and worked from a scaffolding I erected, so technically never set foot on the adjacent bee property. She removed most of the foam and several sections of siding from the house after we debated on legalities for a few minutes. I told her I could mend all of it. Two hours later she said she had the queen. It was an amazing process I wish I would have recorded. She said she was stung multiple times despite having a hazmat like suit on. She said she has been stung hundreds of times. I had no idea. Thought keepers were like bee whisperers. There are still bees flying around and clinging to the house near the opening and they seem to be aggravated again crawling together in wiggling groups in the siding. I need to repair everything and am hoping they move on soon.

4. Brandon

Brandon New Member

I broke out some of the foam after I posted yesterday and bees were flying in and out again and seemed to calm down. I got stung twice but no worries. Early today a local bee keeper came and worked from a scaffolding I erected, so technically never set foot on the adjacent bee property. She removed most of the foam and several sections of siding from the house after we debated on legalities for a few minutes. I told her I could mend all of it. Two hours later she said she had the queen. It was an amazing process I wish I would have recorded. She said she was stung multiple times despite having a hazmat like suit on. She said she has been stung hundreds of times. I had no idea. Thought keepers were like bee whisperers. There are still bees flying around and clinging to the house near the opening and they seem to be aggravated again crawling together in wiggling groups in the siding. I need to repair everything and am hoping they move on soon.

5. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

can you put a box near the hole with a piece of their honey comb in it? they may all gather in it at night, maybe a closed cardboard box with a 1 inch hole in the side would work. If they go in it, she could pick them up after dark or early in the morning. i generally leave a box with a piece of comb for stray bees when I do a removal