Hello from Houston(ish) Texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MjdTexan, Jan 13, 2010.

1. MjdTexan

MjdTexan New Member

Hello, I am from the Houston/Humble area. I have constructed my first bee hive and I am currently looking for a good source of bees. I was sent to this forum to look for Tecumseh so that I could ask him about buying bees. I hope to get to know yall and lean on yall for information. Nice to meet yall

Mike D

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Welcome, Mike. You couldn't have gotten a better lead. Tec will be here early in the morning, and maybe later tonight. He can definitely help you, not only in getting bees, but in the care of them, also. Hope you like it here and make it your home on the net.

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

howdy mike d I sent you an email.

4. Walt B

Walt B New Member

Welcome Mike.

I'm just up the road from you on Highway 6, south of Waco (which is short for "WAy COol"). I bet I know where you'll get your bees. :D

Walt

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hello Mike and welcome to the forum! Good to hear you are getting into bees and you have a couple of good fellas close by for help also.

G3

6. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Hello Mike. I'm just up to the northeast of you. Stop in some time. :drinks:

Welcome to the forum.

Warning: Potential beekeepers who have no bees, may be unaware of BF....better known as "Bee Fever". Symptoms include foaming at the mouth, rants, sleepless nights, rereading of bee supply magazines until they fall apart, ticked off and ignored wifes (for reasons we will not mention here), hoarding of at least 20 years of useless bee supplies all of a sudden "needed" for this year's beekeeping, as well as poor taste and humor on forums. This is highly infectious, and should be understood. Like the dreaded chalkbrood and sac....symptoms usually go away with warmer weather and better ventilation.

7. beekeeperhelper

beekeeperhelper New Member

Hello Mike, I'm the other half of the Central Texas bee farm. Walt is the beekeeper, I just help and eat a lot of honey!
    Bjorn, you have given me hope. I feared that Walt had a chronic case of BF. Now I know that it will at least be alleviated in the spring. I'm not ticked off nor ignored, however. I have my chickens to keep me company!

8. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

hello mike!
    Glad to hear your gettin in to bees!
    Do "bee"ware of bf it is highly contagious!
    :wave:

9. XLB

XLB New Member

welcome aboard Mike, Glad to have another person to learn with and from! :hi:

10. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

bjorn writes:
    better known as "Bee Fever"

tecumseh:
    I call this 'seasonally affected disorder' (sad) since it generally occurs in the winter months when folks can not get out very much. like bjorn said with warmer weather and good ventilation the worst symptoms vanish.

11. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Hi there, it's good to have you on the board. You'll be in good company with the rest of us who have been suffering from varying degrees of BF. :)