Hello from Kansas City

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by backyardcovey, Jun 8, 2011.

1. backyardcovey

backyardcovey New Member

Hello Beekeepers. Not sure bees are legal in my city but honey sure makes some great mead!
    [​IMG]

2. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Welcome to the forum. Im just down the road from you. South of wichita. But was born and raised in Ottawa. Hope to see you back and become an active part of the forum. Products of the hive has a mead recipe post going on right now. Check it out.

3. backyardcovey

backyardcovey New Member

Thanks.

The NEKBA.org meets next month - June 11- just south of my sub division even on the same street. Think I will stop by. Hope that bodes well for Olathe being bee friendly.

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hello Backyardcovey and welcome to the forum :wave:

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Hey Backyardcovey:
    Glad you found us, lots of great folks here, friendly as all get out, (and some even know a thing or two about bees ;) )

Hey Rat, you don't mean Ottawa, Canada do you?

7. LtlWilli

LtlWilli New Member

Hello, and WELCOME to the forum. I think you'll find you've made a good choice by stopping in.
    LtlWilli

8. riverrat

riverrat New Member

One of our members on the forum is living in olathe. You might send them a pm. The user name is srvtexasflood. She can give you the info you need regarding bees in olathe. I do know a guy that was keeping 4 hive out on east santa fe just east of walmart with no problems

9. backyardcovey

backyardcovey New Member

Thanks. PM'd her.

County Extension locked their door before 5:00 today. I got there at 4:59. :roll:

10. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Dont have the right accent to be from canada. I wouldnt be able to blend in :D

11. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

Welcome backyardcovey. I sent you a reply. Glad to hear you know about our local bee club. Double check the next meeting date. It's July 11, not June 11. Sorry that you just missed the big annual education day, aka Funday.
    Does the subdivision you live in have rules about keeping bees? Do you have privacy fencing?

12. backyardcovey

backyardcovey New Member

Replied. I have a 6' privacy fence. Read the HOA rules and did not see that bees were forbidden.

Reading beekeeping for dummies at this point plus have two of free kindle books from the 1800s on my phone.

Have conturnix quail eggs in a pair of incubators for this summers project. Bees in the spring after I know more.