Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in central michigan and am planning on getting two or three hives this spring. I love gardening and also keep poultry. I remember my father keeping bees when I was younger, and now we (myself, wife, and children) have been buying raw honey from amish. But, I think I want to pay myself instead of them. :lol:

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Hi jimmylang:

Welcome to our friendly beekeeping community.
You have picked a great time of year to get started. Read, read, spend time here, read some more!
Sort through all the information, pick what you feel will work best for you and your family and start .........................spending! :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:
This will give you the time to chose a spot, build what you need, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Americasbeekeeper said:
Welcome Jimmy! Order your bees now! They will all be spoken for until late Summer.
Well I am planning on going to a local beekeepers meeting here on Jan 3. Last year i know they ordered together there, and I am hoping they will do the same and there are some that sell there. Does that sound advisable to do? or when you say order now, do you mean now?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Welcome jimmylang :wave:

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
That's a good start,join the bee club, get to know the people and get local bees. The beekeeper you buy them from will probably be a good mentor. :thumbsup: Welcome to the fourm. Jack

1 - 14 of 14 Posts