Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to beekeeping and started a package one week from today. I have a lot of questions?

Charles

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Welcome. Glad to see you made it. Hive is looking good. I would suggest taking the mite board out of the bottom board and storing it away. You only put it in when doing a mite count.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Welcome as well, from the tundra known as Canada! :mrgreen:
I see you are going foundationless. Pictures as your bees proceed would be interesting to follow.
You are in an area of some great keeps, tap into their knowledge (here and there).
Glad you found us :thumbsup:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum Rail,you've landed in the right place for friendly and helpful folks.

:coolphotos: Nice pics you posted too!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Where exactly are you.

I am also new this year and have found that having a mentor has been awesome. Joining the Guilford County Beekeepers opened me up to a whole bunch of awesome guys. They will come across at the drop of a hat. Had two here today as I was unsure how my big hive was doing. Needed reassurance. :D

We opened and inspected all 4 hives - confirming all queens are on overdrive - and stores are super. Have 20 more frames drawn and almost capped. Took a box off last week and 3 frames 3 weeks ago.

I know Alamance guys are just as great and have heard from Forsyth too. So there are many options for you.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Hello Rail and welcome to the forum :wave:

You will not find a better bunch of keeps anywhere around.

Those frames are really starting to take shape, looking good!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Zulu said:
Where exactly are you.

I am also new this year and have found that having a mentor has been awesome. Joining the Guilford County Beekeepers opened me up to a whole bunch of awesome guys. They will come across at the drop of a hat. Had two here today as I was unsure how my big hive was doing. Needed reassurance. :D

We opened and inspected all 4 hives - confirming all queens are on overdrive - and stores are super. Have 20 more frames drawn and almost capped. Took a box off last week and 3 frames 3 weeks ago.

I know Alamance guys are just as great and have heard from Forsyth too. So there are many options for you.
I am located in Trinity.

Did you start with packages or nucs?

Charles

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Iddee said:
Welcome. Glad to see you made it. Hive is looking good. I would suggest taking the mite board out of the bottom board and storing it away. You only put it in when doing a mite count.
Iddee,

I removed the mite board this morning. Amazing what can be seen in the hive through the screen!

Charles

·
Registered
974 Posts
I am located in Trinity.

Did you start with packages or nucs?
I was lucky enough to be given one hive, then was given help to catch a swarm across the road,and finally my nucs arrived

As you are in Trinity you have the excellent help of John to mentor you. I am sure he would help. you also have the Randolph beekeepers.

John and Keith are doing great job for local supply. Really Like their hardware

1 - 12 of 12 Posts