Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone. I'm a retired MoDOT employee starting a new hobby (beekeeping) I have been mentoring with a beekeeper of 30 years and I have built two Langstroth hives to get me started this year. Its very exciting and hope I can learn all I can learn to be a successful keeper.

Thanks

Butch Sears

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Welcome, Butch. I hope you like it here and decide to stay. We do a bit of beeking, BSing, and about anything else that comes up, as long as it doesn't embarrass the ladies too much.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Hello Butch and welcome to the forum :wave:

Lots of smart beeks here that can answer just about any question you can come up with. Good luck with the bees this spring!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome Butch,
Where are you at? Chillicothe or ? good luck, KC has a good number of beeks but I sure like them Springfield gang!!!!
Good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh man, do I wish you had posted just a little earlier. I had a call from a guy in South central Iowa almost two weeks ago who cut down a tree to find it full of bees, and they still had a lot of honey! I'm not sure it would of been successful to try to move them into a hive that early in the year but it would of been fun to try. I was three and a half hours away and it just wasn't doable for me. I did refer the guy to try a search on Northern Missouri beekeepers - hopefully someone ended up benefiting.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :drinks:

JC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts