Hello From North Dallas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NooBeeguy, Feb 27, 2012.

1. NooBeeguy

NooBeeguy New Member

Hello My Name is Will I am from North Dallas area of Texas, In a little town Called Oak Point. I have never kept bees before but I have been drawn in for many reasons, In all the research I have come across I like the idea of top bar hives the best. I will build them myself.

I am 30 years old own my home in a very out of the way area, town of aboiut 3,000 people.
    I am glad to be here and exited to learn everything I can before I proceed down this road.

I have a love of gardening and have plants and flowers everywhere, I try to stay with as many natives as I can find, However with a few neat things thrown in for a little mix.

Not sure what else to say, feel free to ask me questions, as I am sure I will have some of my own.

Thanks and Have a great day,
    Will :wave:

2. Marbees

Marbees Member

Welcome Will, you already sound as a beekeeper. :hi:

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Hi Will: :hi:

Glad you found us and welcome aboard. There are a few TBH keeps here and I am sure they will be able to answer many of the questions you may have.
    This is a friendly place to hang out and learn from some pretty experienced guys, I know I have.
    Once you feel settled in try out that "chat" part of the forum, some pretty good fun has been known to take place there some evenings! :mrgreen:

4. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

5. jim314

jim314 New Member

Welcome Will, you've come to the right place to learn. If you are going to be starting this April, you need to order bees asap.
    Jim

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

HOWDY from College Station and welcome aboard.

There are a number of very active bee clubs all across north Texas. You might wish to check out the TexasBeekeepersAssociation web site to find a club close to you.

7. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Howdy Will. I'm from Fort Worth, and a member of Metro Beekeeper's Association. Bit of a drive from Oak Point - we meet in Burleson. But I think there is a Lewisville group.

Gypsi

8. TexasnewBee

TexasnewBee Member

Greetings from Sherman Will. :wave: I am new at this hobby myself. Lots of great people here. You've come to the right place. Probably the closest club to you is the Collin County Hobby BeeKeepers in McKinney. Just a hop skip and a jump east of you. I have attended 1 meeting so far. Look up CCHBA.org
    Welcome aboard!

9. Indiana Dave

Indiana Dave New Member

Welcome to the best forum on the net!! Texas has a large population on this forum. You will enjoy it here and learn a lot.

10. NooBeeguy

NooBeeguy New Member

Thank you all, I fully intend to check into all the clobs and organizations that you have suggested. I have been exploring some and it looks to be full of useful information!!! just cant get enough of reading about it!

11. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Welcome to the forum Will!! :hi:

I'm not into top bar hives myself, but there are several on here that can give advice on any questions you may have.

12. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Greetings Will.
    With bees, once you are "drawn in" it's hard (if at all possible) to extricate yourself. No regrets.
    Hope you enjoy yourself here together with the rest of us. :amen:

13. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a bit of a drive (ain't everything in Texas?) but you might wish to check out our bee school (March 24) to be held in Brenham Texas. there should be contact information in the meeting section here or go to The Central Texas Beekeeper's Facebook page for a reference.