Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get into beekeeping mainly for the pollination of my garden and fruit trees.
As I go along I can assure you I will have a lot of questions and yes some of them may even sound silly but I will still ask them.
I live in the midlands of South Carolina, a retired industrial mechanic that tries to live life to its fullest everyday. I love gardening, and fruit trees, give most of my crops away, and being outside close to nature.

Thanks for having me,
Wade

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hi there,
It's good to have ya here. There is no such thing as a silly question! If there is then ALL of mine must fall into that category.

Bees and gardens go together so well it makes me wonder why I didn't have any bees until my late 30s.... oh yeah, I was TERRIFIED of them. We have 5 hives right now and are enjoying them tremendously. There are a lot of folks here who know TONS of interesting and helpful information....ask away, you are bound to get answers.
Mama Beek

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
A smart question was asked before you took action.
A silly question was asked after you have acted and it is too late to use the answer.
Now you can ask all smart questions... :roll: :mrgreen:

Welcome.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yes sir, welcome.
Now that we have an industrial mechanic on site, maybe Charles can keep his tractor running :D .

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
I was an industrial mechanic for 30 some years. Industrial sewing machines. What was your field?

PS. Charles has a ford. It wasn't made to keep running. :p :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Hello Wade and welcome to the site.

Lots of good answers to all silly questions, stick around and jump right in.

G3

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
snip...
Charles has a ford. It wasn't made to keep running.

tecumseh:
totally off topic but what's the model and what is the problem. or perhaps you need some diagnostics?

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
charles writes:
those guys are just poking fun at me

tecumseh:
it is only cause they luv's ya' charles.

after reading the tread the old ford must have been fairly ancient since you mention a carberator.

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
tecumseh said:
after reading the tread the old ford must have been fairly ancient since you mention a carberator.
I do sense the love every time I login :lol: it's a 55 ford 850 and it's been good to me for the most part, here's a pic I posted awhile back:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=123

sorry we hijacked your thread midnight1957 :-(

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
midnight1957, when your thread gets hijacked, it's gloves off time. You can even hit below the belt if you want.

GO GET'EM!! :duel: :hunter: :box:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts