Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined up yesterday. Looking to start keeping bees in the spring of 2012. I have decided that this summer will be for research and planning. I'm currently a student at University of Minnesota Duluth and UMD just started an apple orchard a ways off campus. I'm trying to work with the admin on the orchard to hold a hive or two there in exchange for some sort of educational presentation to other students. I have some other plans for this as well but I'm going to hold on to those for a bit while I secure plans.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum Tinga :wave: ,I too read and researched since last summer,and also have been attending a bee workshop at U.S.F. Botanical gardens before I got bees,there's a lot to learn.There's good folks here that will help you along the way to getting started.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Welcome Tinga:
Glad you found us :thumbsup:
Everything you read and learn between now and spring of 2012 will stand you in good stead.
Fore-warned is fore-armed! :lol:
Never hesitate to ask questions, lots of folks here that have answers ( and plenty of experience to tap into :eek:ldtimer: )

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Welcome Tinga,Search for a bee club in your area, it will make alot of the terminology in beekeeping more understandable, and you will meet many good people with beekeeping knowledge. Jack

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Hello Tinga and welcome to the forum :wave:

Lots of good folks here to answer about anything you can come up with.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
welcometo the forum lots of knowlege here and its all wrapped in a family friendly package for all ages to enjoy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts