Hello from the North

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tinga, May 24, 2011.

1. Tinga

Tinga New Member

Just joined up yesterday. Looking to start keeping bees in the spring of 2012. I have decided that this summer will be for research and planning. I'm currently a student at University of Minnesota Duluth and UMD just started an apple orchard a ways off campus. I'm trying to work with the admin on the orchard to hold a hive or two there in exchange for some sort of educational presentation to other students. I have some other plans for this as well but I'm going to hold on to those for a bit while I secure plans.

2. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

Hello and welcome to the forum Tinga :wave: ,I too read and researched since last summer,and also have been attending a bee workshop at U.S.F. Botanical gardens before I got bees,there's a lot to learn.There's good folks here that will help you along the way to getting started.

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Welcome Tinga:
    Glad you found us :thumbsup:
    Everything you read and learn between now and spring of 2012 will stand you in good stead.
    Fore-warned is fore-armed! :lol:
    Never hesitate to ask questions, lots of folks here that have answers ( and plenty of experience to tap into :eek:ldtimer: )

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Welcome Tinga,Search for a bee club in your area, it will make alot of the terminology in beekeeping more understandable, and you will meet many good people with beekeeping knowledge. Jack

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hello Tinga and welcome to the forum :wave:

Lots of good folks here to answer about anything you can come up with.

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

welcome aboard. I think perhaps we may have some other bee keeper up in your area???

7. riverrat

riverrat New Member

welcometo the forum lots of knowlege here and its all wrapped in a family friendly package for all ages to enjoy