Beekeeping Forums banner

Hello from Yadkinville, NC USA

3K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  HisPalette 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am in small town Yadkinville, NC and I have been a beekeeper for about a year now. I have read books, watched videos and talked with experienced beekeepers in the area and have learned quite a bit over the past year. I seems that the more I learn, the more I want to learn.

I also am trying to be as "green" as I can in my life and beekeeping is an extension of that. I am trying to use as few chemicals as I can.

I am open to any and all people who want to talk with me. Any questions/comments lemme know. I will share what information I have learned in my short time.

Thanks,

Wolfmoon

#10 ·
hispalette and Wolfmoon, glad to have both of you join the educational fun we have in this forum.:hi:
It seems that Iddee, when not collecting swarms and administrating this forum also collects new members. All the more power to him and to those he brings in.
Ask questions and you're bound to get plenty of answers---not always agreeing with one another. See questions asked by others---don't hesitate to express your opinions. Everyone gets an equal opportunity here.

#14 ·
Welcome, while not green I have two hives of treatment free bees, local survivor stock, came through last season and winter just fine

Local swarm hive required some help with MAQS in fall , so did Italian mutts in 4 th hive.

Fighting SHB with wood ash, and diatomaceous earth below the hives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.