Hello got a question apply's to all

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Newbkeeper23, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Newbkeeper23

Newbkeeper23 New Member

my names Brandon. I live in a urban city thats almost dead in the work force and people are running out of money and have no jobs. Im going to start a garden on my acre of land in my backyard. I have everything planted in my down stairs growing area. Over 200 pepper, tomato, and eggplant plants i have. I'm going to donate all the food to our local 5 pantries. I will be growing your common veggies also. But i will not have the time to pollinate all of the flowers it would be hours and hours of work. And thats time i dont have. I was wondering if any of you guys could send some bees, seeds, plants, etc to our organization. Oh and by the way its called RockForward Farm Look it up on Facebook. So if any of you guys can just comment. Thanks- Brandon:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

2. jim314

jim314 New Member

You should do a google search for the beekeeper association that covers your area in IL. Someone there might be looking for a place to set a hive.

3. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Jims advise is heads on. I would also check with the local food pantries to insure they will take fresh produce. Most around here will not take items with a small shelf life.:thumbsup:

4. Newbkeeper23

Newbkeeper23 New Member

i already have the pantry issue covered its the bees

5. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

ilsba.com is the website for the Illinois State Beekeepers association, you should be able to find local/regional clubs in your part of the state.

6. riverrat

riverrat New Member