Help me if you can I'm fellin' down...

Discussion in 'The Helpful Handyman' started by tecumseh, Jan 13, 2011.

1. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I have one of those old (old, old, old) metal kitchen sinks covered with a white material (I assume it is baked on). It has a chip in one spot on the edge. Does anyone know of a product that can be used to fix this blemish without being too obvious or unsightly?

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I believe you can purchase a little jar of enamel touch up at most hardware stores. I've done it before in a bathtub.

3. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Perry is correct. It may have a different name, so if you can't find it, just explain to the store clerk what you are doing, and they will direct you. It's relatively easy to apply, and with a white sink, the color match is very close.

I love the old sinks. You can't find new ones of the same quality, with the desirable features. I had a great one in an apartment: Double bowl with full drain boards on both sides. Too bad it had to stay!

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

Thanks folks.

Hobie must be cut from the same cloth as Mizz tecumseh since the suggestion to have the short 'OLD' sink replaced with a one piece corrian counter top didn't go over like I thought it would.