Beekeeping Forums banner

Hey, Tec. How Dry Is It In Texas?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  me2pl 
#1 ·
How Dry Is It In Texas?

A buddy out of Longview, Texas, said he'd killed a mosquito that was carrying a canteen.

A man in Dime Box, Texas, said the chicken farmers were giving the chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying hard-boiled eggs.

In Lake Palestine Texas, they caught a 20 lb. catfish that had ticks on it!

It's so dry in Texas that the Baptists are starting to baptize by sprinkling, the Methodists are using wet-wipes, the Presbyterians are giving out rain-checks, and the Catholics are praying for the wine to turn back into water.

Now THAT's Dry!

#5 ·
It's so dry in Texas:

Its so dry, I seen a coyote chasin' a rabbit and they was both walkin'.
Its so dry, yesterday my wormy dog was draggin' his rear end and set my grass on fire!
It's so dry in Baytown, the councilmen renamed it Dune.
It's so dry, I ate a popsicle and all it was , was wood.
It's so dry, they are seeding the clouds with photographs of dry ice.
It's so dry, dry docks are poppin' up in the middle of lakes.
It's so dry, "The Dog Days of Summer" is now a horror movie
It hasn't rained so long in Texas... everyone's sense of humor is dry.(including Tec's :lol: )
It's so dry, the martinis aren't.
It's so dry, even the dust devils are praying for rain.
It's so dry, I had a mosquito ask for a glass of water!
It's so dry, I have to lick my fingers, to lick my fingers, to turn a page.
It's so dry, two clouds were spotted at the local vocational school signing up for another profession...no future in the rain biz
It's so dry, Dry Gulch, Texas has been renamed Very Dry Gulch.

#6 ·
very funny... and it is almost that dry here.

and believe it or not there are real places called Dime Box and Mule Shoe here in Texas. One of my favorite little places is Snook Texas... I am not sure what the official population of the place really is (blink and you miss everything) but once a year the population swells to 30000 when they have a week end chili fest. And just to give you some idea of a true Texans sense of humor.... West, Texas ain't in west Texas.

#8 ·
tecumseh said:
very funny... and it is almost that dry here.

and believe it or not there are real places called Dime Box and Mule Shoe here in Texas. One of my favorite little places is Snook Texas..
Tec you left out "Tarzan" Tx. and "Ding Dong" Tx....... :rolling: :rotfl: :rolling: :rotfl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.