Hey Y'all, from a Georgia BeeGeek

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by beehacker, Jul 20, 2011.

1. beehacker

beehacker New Member

I am new to this forum and am looking forward to finding like minded beekeepers.

I love bees, beekeeping, and technology. I have a blog, www.BeeHacker.com, that gets varied responses. Most beekeepers don't get it. At all. But I do get a positive response from technophiles. And that is the point. I believe that bees will be better served in the future if beekeepers measure more and act on hunches less. So I am trying to attract technophiles into the 'craft'. Let me know what you think.

A couple features on the blog:

• * A $50 hive scale you build yourself (www.beehacker.com/wp/?page_id=55). I even have a dynamic, multimedia timeline of hive net weights of 3 hives for over a year now at www.beehacker.com/apiary/
      * A comparison of the current state of beekeeping with wine-making before Louis Pasteur (an abridged version of the article originally appeared in Jan 2011 of Bee Culture, www.beehacker.com/wp/?p=552).
      * Several beekeeping projects, humor, bee-sex education movies, and...hacking!

Take a look. Don't worry, I'm not the bad type of hacker. Let me know what you think.
    Regards,
    Tom (beehacker)

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Welcome and thanks for coming, beehacker. You do have a nice site with a lot of good info.Hope you like it here. There's a bunch of great guys and gals here.

3. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Whoa! What a site. Welcome to this forum. I tried to watch the video "Beekeepers know how to party" but it was blocked by NBC for copyright infringements. I look forward to seeing more of your stuff. I've already added your site to my favorites.

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

welcome aboard. I have been enjoying your site for quite some time and even provided a comment once or twice. I can not say I am much of a technophile although I certainly do appreciate folks that are.

5. divkabee

divkabee New Member

beehacker,

Enjoyed your drone bee-sex education video. Very clever and well done.

6. jb63

jb63 New Member

Welcome,and nice site.

7. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

Howdy Beehacker and welcome to the forum :hi: ,got a real dandy site there,and I've been looking for free plans for the hive scale and couldn't find any. :thumbsup:

Thanks

8. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

9. mjrice

mjrice New Member

I was just looking at your site today; I'm going to build a pry-scale like you illustrated so well. I see the baggage scale at amazon is only $13 now.

10. riverrat

riverrat New Member

welcome aboard hacker hope to see you here often. You couldnt find a better site for bees on the WWW. Again welcome aboard

11. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Add my welcome to that of the welcoming committee. I'm sure your presence here will add more to a great site.