Hi from Virginia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Fort, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Fort

Fort New Member

Hello Beekeepers :)

I am from Virginia and a honey lover. I believe there should be honey tastings just like there are wine tastings. ;) I have a huge appreciation for the variety of honey available locally from local beekeepers, and I love to support my local beekeepers by buying from them.

I am an organic container gardener as well. I know that bees do a lot to help with the environment and I know they are in danger, so I figured I would join here and learn more.

I am currently in a suburb (hence the container gardening) so I don't think I could start beekeeping right now, but I hope to move to the county and then to be able to do it. I figure the more that I learn now, the easier it will be later.

2. DoubleR

DoubleR New Member

Hello fellow honey lover! Welcome! We're happy to have you! :D Great group of Bee lovers here. You came to the right place! :)

3. kebee

kebee Active Member

Welcome Fort to the forum, stay and enjoy it.

‚ÄčKen

4. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Welcome to the forum. :hi:I hope you enjoy your stay.

Walt

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

6. runxtc

runxtc New Member

I started two hives in town after checking with the town manager. Initially he told me "no" to bees. But I was lucky other bee keepers were in town. The manager informed me I could proceed after several townsfolk, one an office holder, spoke with him. The town will write regs around beekeeping soon. Bowling Green, VA