Hi. New from Colorado

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Laura Belanger, Sep 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Laura Belanger

Laura Belanger New Member

Hi. I'm a newbie from Golden, Colorado. Have tried unsuccessfully in the past a few times to have bees but decided to give it another go. We'll see how they do over the winter. Am looking for some advice on my current situation which I'll post in the Newbee forum. Great to be here.

Laura

2. JayGee

JayGee New Member

3. JayGee

JayGee New Member

HELLO: I just returned this evening from a 2 Day seminar in Cabool, Missouri covering/concerning, "Natural Beekeeping In Horizontal Hives". These hives are more attuned to the bees life in the wild than are the vertical hives. We learned that they bees are much calmer, maybe because even with the top off the hive, most of the bees are still under cover as the frames can be pulled out one at a time, and without having to lift 2, 3, or 4 supers off of your 2 brood boxes. These hives are larger, yes, however, once the setting of the hive, the heaviest lifting is a frame full of honey. With the vertical hives you're lifting maybe a 20 to 60 lb box after box to get down to check the brood area. Check it out at - horizontalhive.com - as it is truly amazing! This 2 day seminar was well worth the time, the money, and my drive from Indiana, a 1,100 mile trip.

4. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Active Member

you sound like a spammer, your response has nothing todo with the ops statement....

to the original op, give some more details on your setup and what went wrong in the past...

5. JayGee

JayGee New Member

6. JayGee

JayGee New Member

Well, what I sound like and what I AM are two very different things. I simply replied to "Laura" with some information on a type of hive that she probably did not know about.
    NOW, if YOU think I am a spammer, I think YOU do not want people to recognize that there ARE other types of hives available. I did not reply to her posting on the Forum - I posted back to her Intro text ONLY!
    I hope you have a wonderful day!

7. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Active Member

I just call em as I see em...with 2 posts your pushing something awful hard that really has no relativity to original ops post...for someone new it seems a bit suspicious...
    also, why do you post a blank reply then one with text in it?