Hillbilly Can Squasher

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverbee, Jun 8, 2012.

1. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

my hillbilly neighbors....i just took these pics. i was out in the back 40 of my suburb res checking on 2 nucs i brought back to the burbs. i hear this popping sound.

my next door neighbor’s son, and he is going to be there all afternoon. the truck bed is full and they are all beer cans. BTW, on the other side of this guy, are the two brothers that blasted the hornet’s nests out of the oak tree a few weeks back….:grin: (click on the pictures for a good view :lol:)

IMG_2749.jpg
    next round...........

IMG_2750.jpg

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I'm surprised he isn't driving the pickup back and forth over the bag full of cans.

3. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Riverbee, I am sure there is a site named "hillbilly voyeur" somewhere you could submit these to...ha! I remember your story about the swat team and the shotgun blast hornet story....

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I was thinkin the same thing! :lol:

Hyuuuuck Hyuuuuck!

5. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

We prefer Mountain William or Appalachian American nowadays. :wink:

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

an Iddee snip...
    I'm surprised he isn't driving the pickup back and forth over the bag full of cans.

tecumseh:
    I think riverbee that your neighbor may be a wanna bee hillbilly but Iddee and I know the tried and true method of the real thing. A hillbilly simply tosses his empties out into the drive and an old pick up truck does the rest.

7. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Famous last words: "Hold my beer and watch this!"

8. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

iddee and perry said:
    "I'm surprised he isn't driving the pickup back and forth over the bag full of cans."

tec said:
    "I think riverbee that your neighbor may be a wanna bee hillbilly but Iddee and I know the tried and true method of the real thing. A hillbilly simply tosses his empties out into the drive and an old pick up truck does the rest."

well, now i have to laugh, funny you mention this, must be from practical hillbilly experience in the art of smashing cans tec?:grin:

i had never seen this before..... he and his brother, who looks like zz top, were doing this last summer,(has to start his truck from under the hood) throwing cans and trash bags of cans in the driveway and running them over with the truck, tunes roaring. and did so after towing 4 dead vehicles out of the driveway into the street to do it. (another time i got the lawn chair out and a glass of ice tea to watch). the neighbor directly across from them took offense to this because his house was on the market and some potential buyers looking at the house saw them driving over the plastic garbage bags full of beer cans in the driveway, and didn't care for the junk vehicles parked in the street.....so there were some words and the police showed up. (cops show up here not for burglary or thievery but for odd sorts of things you don't see anywhere else). so they tried a lawn roller and after giving up on that switched to the tamper.....

he was still at it at 6 pm this evening.....

the rest of the story is, the neighbor recently sold the house. the husband passed and the wife (she has a place on galveston island now) has been lining up furniture and odds and ends in her driveway for over a week for an upcoming 'garage sale' next weekend....guess who's been pilfering the furniture and odds and ends out of her driveway? i do not know where they are putting this stuff.....
    :lol:

9. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

riverbee, your neighborhood is starting to sound like an episode of Newhart. What a bunch of characters you have there! :D

10. riverrat

riverrat New Member

He probly went in the house and said " that hillbillie next door that plays with bees is hiding in the bush taking pictures of me working again"
    :lol:

11. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

rat says:
    "He probly went in the house and said " that hillbillie next door that plays with bees is hiding in the bush taking pictures of me working again:lol:"
    yep....BUSTED! :rotfl:

greg, sounds like? is, and more like the 'red green' show, if you have ever seen that....

12. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Yep, I've seen some of the shows. Fix anything with duct tape! Trivia for the day (are you listening, Perry?): Colin Mochrie (from Whose Line) was on a couple of episodes. Also, Don Harron (Charlie Farquharson from Hee Haw) was on a couple of episodes.