Historic Storm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ray, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Ray

Ray Member

Historic Storm? (Where does the weather service get this crap?) Nemo. an Alberta Clipper is going to dump a lot of snow on the Northeastern US (I guess it aint gunna hit Canada at all - didn't show it on the map:lol:).
    Hunker down tight, it'll be gone by........April?:eek:

Forecast for West Michigan 4 to 7 inches.

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

How many "historic storms" did North America have this year? I remember the "historic mega-sized hurricane Sandy". That was quickly followed by the "historic" Nor'easterner that covered a large area of the New York/New England region with heavy blankets of snow. Now another "historic" storm is on the way. Then, of course, there were several "historic" tornadoes this year.
    I think the meteorologists are changing profession and becoming historians. :mrgreen:

3. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

I guess it's all in your perspective. IMO the blizzard of '93 was a historic storm.

(Dang! It's hard to comprehend that it's been 20 years already! :shock: Time sure gets by!)

4. kebee

kebee Active Member

If you people in the north get the snow like I got the rain today you are in for it, I got 5 and 3/4 inches, the most at one time in over 6 years since we have gotten so much at one time. It started at 7 this morning and just now slacking up, we sure did need this good soaking of water for it has been dry here for 6 years now with just enough rain to get by most of the time.

kebee

5. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

kebee--5 3/4 inches, that's over 146 mm. Unbelieveable!! More history in the making.

6. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

I think thiey meant hysteric....'cause it's hysterical the way the forcasters predict doom and gloom for the sake of t.v. ratings.

7. camero7

camero7 Member

Well, it looks like it's going to be bad here. All cars ordered off the road by 4 pm. Heavy wind and 3 ft. of snow. Not my idea of fun. And snowshoeing into my yards Sunday and Monday to dig out the hives isn't going to be fun either. Just like hurricane Sandy was "hysteric". Anyone from NJ should understand that!

8. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I'm guessing we'll just be a few hours behind you Camero7. :???:

9. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

All y'all, Stay Inside, Keep Warm, and Stay Safe.

Walt

10. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

I hope and wish all our friends up yonder do ok during this severe weather. Watching the news, it looks like a hurricane but it's winter. The satellite pictures are spectacular. This is going to be one for the record books.

Please folks, take care of yourself and be careful!

11. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

12. C Adams

C Adams New Member

9 PM here in Elmira.
    Not much wind but significant snowfall.

13. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

10:30 pm here in Nova Scotia, no wind or snow. :confused: (Yet) They say it will start around midnight.

14. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

9:51pm in southern NJ. We got light rain out of this and no snow.

15. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood Member

If it's any comfort, and if you have power so that you can read this, your storm is all that's on the news out here on the plains. Take care and don't forget to check your hives when you can so that you can clear any snow away from the entrances. The girls will need their potty breaks.

16. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

It's here now! Not that much snow yet, but the wind! The drifts are incredible and it's just started. It's moving the snow that was already here around. My barbeque cover is absolutely shredded. Not much going to be moving around here today.

17. camero7

camero7 Member

two foot of snow and still snowing. Lots of wind, just starting to die down. At least we didn't lose power. My yards will need to wait until tomorrow. Guess it wasn't all hype. thousands without power, bad coastal flooding predicted for later this morning.

18. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Storm 001.jpg Storm 003.jpg Storm 004.jpg

And we're not halfway through this. :lol: I'm amazed the power is still on with the winds.

19. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

with that kind of wind I hope you don't have open screened bottom boards. The fine snow could be drifting up into the hives. To late to do much about it now, stay inside and keep warm.

20. C Adams

C Adams New Member

If they forget where the top entrance is, they're on their own.