Beekeeping Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,487 Posts
I will assume mr nobivy is at the same latitude as myself.. give or take a degree or so, if you might need to nit pick.

if conditions here apply to mr nobivy's situation???? then the hive that are being regularly fed will have a substantial patch of brood. those hives that are not being fed about 80% appear to be totally broodless and the remaining 20% have a brood patch that varies from one to several frames.

over time I have been adding this tendency to go broodless at the end of the season as a selection criterion for breeding purposes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
united them to my weak hive......5:30ish....48 degrees. Moved quick, all went smooth.

layer of paper on queenrite hive(bottom) rescue hive on top of that. Sugar feed on top on inner cover.....

next sunny day beside tommorrow is saturday. Snow in the forecast...

Should I go back in then to check or leave them to sort it out?....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Iddee said:
Go back in to benefit the beek, stay out to benefit the bees. Your choice.
Main thing now is weight. "stores"
your right......sugar all the way. If weather is condusive, the beek might peek :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
wow, i don't want bears either! we had some back home and they could be a real nuisance for lots of things ..... I guess I'm glad I didn't have bees then either.
 
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Top