Hives are here!

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by crazy8days, Feb 16, 2012.

1. crazy8days

crazy8days New Member

Went to Apple Blossom Honey this morning and bought my hives. They were so helpful. Told me pros and cons. Helped me what to buy and what was not necessary. Said if I have any problems call him anytime. If he couldn't help me by phone he would drive to my hives for free. There 55 miles away! And at the end of the year if i had any honey that I didn't sell he would buy it no matter what the price I was selling it for. Thought that was pretty nice of them. Brought my son with me. He wanted to buy a dozen honey sticks. They gave them to him just for coming with me and being interested in bees. With 80 foundations in the back seat of the truck it was a sweet smelling ride home.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Store the foundations until needed. Fill each box with foundation when you are going to use it. Keep the other sheets flat and cool.

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Nothing like good ole fashioned customer service :thumbsup: :D . Sounds like they could have a "customer" for life. :mrgreen:

4. Indiana Dave

Indiana Dave New Member

Definately!!
    I might have to order a nuc or 2 from them next year if their bees work out for ya, Crazy8!

5. crazy8days

crazy8days New Member

Put my deeps together. Finger joints were very tight. I'm glad I had a dead blow hammer. Glued and nailed. Sanded joints. Primed and painted. Bring on the bees!

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Golly, not only are the beekeepers nice but the bee businessmen too!
    :D
    You're on for a year when you just can't lose. :goodpost:

7. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

sometimes yes efmesch and sometime 'very much' no.

8. BoilerJim

BoilerJim New Member

I have also made woodenware purchases from these folks the past two years as well as bees. GOOD PEOPLE.

Jim