I recently asked a question about moving hives. So of my three hives, I went ahead and moved two. It has been about 10-12 days since the move and the two hives I moved do not seem to be doing too well. They both have significantly less bees than they had (or at least it seems that way when I open up) One of them almost has no activity at the entrance. Just the occasional be coming and going. By occasional, I mean minutes can pass. The other is slightly better, with more entrance-action, but still way of the third hive which is still at it's original position. I'm beginning to wonder what went wrong. Here's a few hypotheses. Lots of foragers got lost during the move due to orientation problems. Should sort itself out as and when new bees start to forage and are replaced by new offspring. The few days after the move there were quite a few bees congregating around the original site, but this tapered off after a few days. My initial fears about placing them closer to a possible pesticide source was realized and they've had a direct dose of pesticide and are dying slowly. I do know one farmer has recently sprayed, but he warned me before, and checked that the wind was blowing away from my garden before he did. I'm sure this would have affected the third hive as well, which is flourishing. The hive that seems the worst has the occasional afternoon frenzy of activity, which maybe robbing. Is it possible to lose a good number of bees (more than 50% would be my estimate) to fights with the robbers? I have since added an entrance reducer, but it was with some reluctance as it's hot. Would robbing keep them inside a few days as they try and repair the damage and come to terms with their lot? I did see what seem like chalkbrood carcasses on the bottom board yesterday. Small white pellets is the best description I can give. This seems a little unlikely though as we are presently in a drought with extremely high temperatures so moisture is definitely a problem. But who knows? Is chalkbrood possible in extremely hot and dry conditions? As the weather get's hotter we are getting a lot of hornets. Luckily they are of the European variety, although my neighbour keeps telling me he has seen the dreaded asian hornets. I have yet to catch one in my traps. I have read hornets can devastate a hive in 48 hours. Again this may have nothing to do with the move. Maybe this has nothing to do with the move, but I need to move the last hive and am afraid the same thing will happen to my only thriving hive. What is my best plan of action now? Just leave all alone and hope for the best? Build some robber screens and replace the reducers? Feed the hives? move a couple of brood frames from the thriving to the non thriving hives? Combine the two weak hives? Wait until Autumn and if still weak, combine then? All the above? None of the above?