HONEY BEE SWARMS South NJ

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by TheWoodsman, Apr 27, 2011.

1. TheWoodsman

TheWoodsman New Member

I have posted ads for free honey bee swarm removals in south jersey. If they are too high or too far from me and people ask for a free removal are if there any other south jersey members here who would want me to give them thier address. Like i said i just posted them, so none yet, but if some come up and your in south jersey let me know and maybe i can hook you up. I only have one hive so one successful swarm is all i need. Thanks

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

"I only have one hive", ahhhhhh, but there's the thing, you haven't taken into consideration the addictive nature of the hobby you are fooling with.
    First it's just one hive, and then, maybe I should have two, just in case............I think we all know where this is going don't we? :mrgreen:

3. TheWoodsman

TheWoodsman New Member

Oh yeah i want more already and i havent even got bees in mine yet. I just hope i get a swarm and they stay. Then i'll make more. Mine is a top bar hive, shuold my others if i build them be different?

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I haven't tried a top bar yet but I may. Right off the bat it looks like it would be easier on the back when it's on a stand. Not near the lifting. A whole lot cheaper to get started as well.
    That said, if you are looking for "parts", standard equipment (and information) is always easier to find.
    Variety is the spice of life, so experiment, clearly you are not afraid to try something new :D

5. TheWoodsman

TheWoodsman New Member