Honey cost

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by JosephCarboni, Aug 24, 2016.

1. JosephCarboni

JosephCarboni New Member

I live near baton Rouge louisiana an was wondering how much does honey sell for (per ounce or pound or what )?

2. camero7

camero7 Member

Here in Mass I get $10.00 retail and $6.00/lb wholesale

3. ibeelearning

ibeelearning Member

I bottle in glass. Retail prices are $10/pt; $15/fifth; $20 qt. This is a bit higher than the average for my local club.

I generally do not wholesale, except to one family who legally uses it for whiskey production.

Like hay, if you hold your price and wait, your produce will sell in late winter and early spring.

4. JosephCarboni

JosephCarboni New Member

Thanks this will be my first year selling honey

5. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

some of my beeclub members are charging $12 a half pint I think. I don't get enough to sell mine, so I don't.

6. JosephCarboni

JosephCarboni New Member

I have 12 hives 5 of witch I started April of this year. With the bad flood we just went through an the weather leading up to the flood I was able to get 30 gallons of honey an replace the boxes for the fall flow

7. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Very good. I live in an area with industrial and cattle ranching. Flow in spring isn't strong, fall is better when Goldenrod, Snow on the Prairie, and Maximillian Sunflowers help out. Mesquite is also a significant nectar source. But all in all, I need to seed bomb the surrounding acreage with wildflower seeds here shortly