Honey Customer New Jersey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverbee, Sep 18, 2012.

1. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

for you keeps in new jersey or new york, i have a lady who lives in brunswick, nj contact me by email. she wants to purchase 50 jars of honey, 4oz or less, and maybe 50 honey dippers, i think this is for a wedding. anyone interested in her business?

she was looking to buy the 4 oz muth jars, i am out of these, and i don't know of anyone that has them, she is willing to settle for a different jar.

if not, i will send her the listing for the new jersey beekeeper's association.

thanks!

2. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

whats a honey dipper go for anyways? thats the straw looking thing full of honey right?

3. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

4. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Nice selection in the google site riverbee. I have been to many beekeepers homes and lots have colections of then, mounted and displayed like others have tea spoon collections. What kind of honey dipper collection do you have? I've been playing with bees for over 30 years and still don't have one in the house.

5. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

apisbees,
    thanks, google images is a great tool....:grin:
    if a customer wants something i get it for them, or do my best. i have been collecting, and been given many types of honey jars and dippers, many antique types, and dippers of an unusual nature. my friends and family can't give me bees or hive tools (a mystery tool to them) so i get honey jars and dippers :lol: (finding someplace to put these???)

:grin:

6. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

I thought you might have a collection of bee things. The only thing old I have is my extractor 20 frame radial AI Root and my collection of beekeeping books. (My Bibles of beekeeping).
    I also have supers that are over 30 years old. I see the new beekeepers posting pictures of their new freshly painted hives and it bring a tear to my eye, and the memory's of new equipment.

7. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

No problem about repainting my hives with a fresh new coat---but those well-worn corners and darkened insides of the hives that I have, leave me enviously sniffing for the new wood smell of all those new hives I see pictured on the forum. :grin:

8. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

This is just for you Efmesch and Apis! :lol:

Han's Shop 2.jpg Hans' Shop 7.jpg Deeps 002.jpg Frame rests 010.jpg New gear 003.jpg

9. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Thank you Perry.
    Your consideration knows no bounds. I enlarged your pictures and sniffed deeply---In my mind's nose I could smell that delicious wood being worked in Canada all the way over here. You brought back memories from way back in pre-historic times (1973) when I too made hives from scratch, a story to be told someday when we chew the cud in person.
    May you completely fill every last assembled box with honey---and if not honey, then with nice healthy brood. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

great photos perry,
    i have seen these before in my wanderings through the forum on some other thread, i am jealous of the workshop.
    just one question, WHO IS THE DASHING GUY in the 1st picture :lol:

btw, i sent the new jersey customer off to the new jersey beekeeper's website listing, and she was happy i could get her some beekeepers in her state.

11. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a riverbee snip...
    and she was happy i could get her some beekeepers in her state

tecumseh:
    the distilled essence of good marketing..... the customer should always leave the store with a smile and not a frown on their face.