Honey Display Unit

Discussion in 'Building plans, blueprints, and finished projects' started by Marbees, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Marbees

Marbees Member

Looking for ideas to build a compact display unit for honey, candles etc. to be used in stores that sell my products. Wood, metal or both. Pictures or links would be great. Thanks

2. blueblood

blueblood New Member

How about re-purposing some old skids for a rustic look? Look in framing area of hardware store for metal L or T brackets and paint them flat black and use for connecting parts. I sketched a few ideas off top of my head for. Maybe it will jump start ya on more ideas.
    mms_picture (31).jpg

3. Marbees

Marbees Member

Interesting idea with rustic look, if decide to go rustic may use old barn boards I got last year:smile:
    Thanks, Dave

4. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Interesting thread Marbees.
    Free standing floor stand honey pails and storage on the bottom shelves, jars and candles from 3rd shelve up.
    20 to 24 " wide 12 " deep at the bass to 36" high tapper back to 8" deep at the top at 6 ft tall with a 6" name banner across the top and a 4" to 6" Kick. I have no idea where my drawing of these stands are but I could redraw once I get my drafting programs all reloaded. had computer crash so had to start fresh on a new drive.

For the mobile vender going on the road to farmers markets and craft fairs.
    There is a beekeeper in our area that has his display made out of his honey jar carrying crates. He has super size boxes that lock into one another when stacked. Have solid fixed top, bottom, sides, and back, with a removable front. He wheels 3 stakes of boxes in and removes the fronts and he is set up with a top of the 3 stacks leaving him with a 16" X 5' counter. his boxes are pine with a clear finish. A lot of his markets he attends are inside and not selling off the tail gate so he was looking for a more self contained system easy to setup and remove. When he gets back home he refills the boxes for the next market.

5. Marbees

Marbees Member

Thanks ApisBees, measurements you are talking about are very close to what I had in mind after seeing Coca-Cola unit in the corner store tonight. Their base for the Monster drink is 18" x 12", 5 feet high, and they have banner at the top. Their shelves are slanted, but I would go with flat.
    I think I would prefer 6 feet stand. First 36" of the stand would be nice to hold/store 13x10x4 1/2" boxes that hold 12 - 500 grams jars of honey each.
    Next 12" going back to 10" deep, next 12" going to 8" (thanks for the idea):thumbsup: Those shelves would be for displaying honey in jars. White, amber, dark and creamed. Sometimes there would be comb honey too.
    In these containers http://www.miteaway.com/comb-honey-trays.html
    Last 12" would be 6" deep for candles and lip balm maybe. Banner as backing for the top shelf.
    Four locking casters at the base.
    I already like it.:grin:

When your drafting programs are back it would be nice to see a picture of this baby.

6. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Back when I ran the production of Apis Hive Co. we made some units like this and if you need bigger display screw 2 together. I was kind of just guessing at the size from memory. The width was super length cause we used the super sliding table saw to cut the shelves to length.