Honey from 2 hives

Discussion in 'Products of the Hive' started by Eddy Honey, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

1003143_653393971355838_836627362_n.jpg
    We combined honey from 2 different hives. They sit 10 feet apart.

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

3. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

I've done that as well. It's fascinating to me that they can be that different.

4. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood Member

Does the honey from the two hives taste differently?

5. Crofter

Crofter New Member

I have noticed bees from different hives coming and going in clearly different directions.

6. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

While examining honey and frames of honey when judging at honey competitions and fairs you can come across frames that have more than one source of honey stored in them. It is interesting how bees will store nectar of different plants in there own cells keeping the different sources separate.

7. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

I have 8 bee yards, some as far as 65 miles away from home. When i rob my bees from different locations and extract it, i don't keep it separate, it goes through a strainer into a five gallon bucket and then we bottle it. It is usually a light amber color most of the time, but 3 years ago it looked like motor oil and pored like molasses.:???: My customers and people who by it at the farmers market tell me it's the best honey they ever ate, and want to know what they made from? I tell them there guess is as good as mine.:grin: They will laugh and say, tell them to keep up the good work.:lol: Jack
    PS. Eddy, maybe i haven't payed close enough attention to my bottled honey, but i don't recall seeing it separate like in your picture.??