Honey in baggage closes airport

Discussion in 'Bee News' started by indypartridge, Jan 6, 2010.

1. indypartridge

indypartridge New Member

2. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Must of been "commercial" honey.... :rolling:

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

humm.... my wife takes it thru airport security quite often. quite typically the bag checkers make her open up the jar.

4. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I got pulled aside carrying a small container of comb honey for my Dad. They had no idea what it was. Wasn't really a "liquid," and they didn't know what to do with it. I was going to eat it all right there if they tried to confiscate it... no TSA folks gonna be feasting on MY honey!

5. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

They probably would have tackled you thinking that eating it would be the catalist for detination.

I wonder what sent the two inspectors to the hospital, what made them naucious?

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I think they were just lame workers looking to get a welfare check or sue somebody. I think they are a real joke. How do they know what to look for if they don't even know what they are looking at.

G3

7. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I don't know... something seems fishy about this whole thing... for one thing, who stores their honey in 2-litre bottles? For another thing, the sensors picked up traces of two different types of explosives on the baggage, then the two TSA agents that opened one of the 2-litre bottles of honey said there were noxious fumes from it. To me it almost seems like the guy was trying to test airport security to see if he could successfully smuggle a bomb past them later.

I could be reading too much into it though. Maybe instead of straight honey it was really unfinished mead and the article got the contents of the 2-litre bottles incorrect. That would make a lot more sense.

8. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

#1 rule at journalism school.......Never, ever, let the facts get in the way of a good story! :roll:

9. Walt B

Walt B New Member

It's worked out for me. I've been telling the folks at work to do what I want or "I'll bring in a jar of honey". :thumbsup:

Walt

10. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a sgtmaj snip:
    who stores their honey in 2-litre bottles?

tecumseh:
    the french

another sgtmaj snip:
    For another thing, the sensors picked up traces of two different types of explosives on the baggage.

tecumseh:
    must have been chinese honey... they will cut honey with anything available.

two cent opinion> to me the whole airport security/homeland security thing seems like more show than security... more feel good than making anyone safer.

11. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

The French,,,,figures. :roll: Never did like them....... :lol:

12. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

well I quite like the french bjorn... like french fries, french toast and french kissing. oh la la.

13. G3farms

G3farms New Member

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :goodpost: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G3

14. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

Oops! I sent a jar of honey home with my niece right after Christmas. I didn't hear about any airport problems, just that it tasted fabulous and reminded her of home.

15. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

The airport fiasco....That is the result of two million more beekeepers due to the white house (Mrs. O's) bees. :roll: There is bound to be a few idiots in the mix...... :lol: It's the trickle down theory...... :eek: