Honey Judge Off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ducks®™, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

Everyone can get their best this years honey in a small jar and using my address, mail me a sample as I will be the judge. Then I will film myself tasting your best honey and place it on youtube, The winner gets something,,, :thumbsup:
    I just thought of this judge off so give me some time to come up with a prize, But dont wait send me your honey... :D This has to be one of the best ideas I have came up with in over a week :lol:

Believe it or not, there's more to honey than the honey-filled teddy bear you see at the supermarket. Honey is one of the world's oldest sources of glucose, and can be found in over 300 different varieties in the
    United States; each one can be infused with different herbs and flowers for flavor, and you can enjoy a variety of tastes for dessert, snacks, or just a for a quick sugar buzz.. The best way to taste and sample these unique concoctions is to host a honey tasting party!

The four main types of honey are: comb honey, liquid honey, granulated honey, and chunk honey.

Liquid honey is made with a honey extractor that pulls the honey from the beecomb and removes the wax.

Granulated honey is a blend of liquid honey and fine granulated honey that is mixed together then chilled until it hardens; this is the kind you'll often find at craft fairs and some farmer's markets.

Chunk honey is simply comb honey that's been stored into a jar and covered with a thick layer of liquid honey for preservation.

Since honey can be full-bodied, bitter, or super-sweet, you need to limit the flavors of the food you serve the party. Pick simple foods that can keep the palette as 'clean' as possible; some good choices are soda crackers, saltines, gingerbread cookies, and plain oatmeal cookies (no raisins).
    So with that said what are we waiting for?

2. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

If you'll post a video taste testing my honey on You-Tube with a shout out to my home page ( www.bens-bees.com ), I'll send you a sample of my best honey. PM me your shipping address.

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

well you king of forgot creamed honey... which I guess might fall into the granulated honey category.

and of corse 'seed honey' which would be solid like table sugar.

and chunk honey is just a sub classification of comb honey.

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

First, lets see your taste testing credentials. Degree, certification, license, ETC. Some references would also be needed.

5. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

Now thats funny, how about the size of my belt :)

6. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

Hey Brother thats one kick A site you have going on there,, I tip my hat to you,, if you need any help holler.
    I like to trade my work out.,.. like in honey and things of that sort,,, I need not government issued tender!

7. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

All About Bens Bees great HONEY!

Country folks telling theTRUTH about Bens bees Great Honey.I am going to post some of the findings I have uploaded,, Sir if you wish me to delete anything please let me know, but this is honest .[youtube:bw46kk1x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edWJxutuc3I[/youtube:bw46kk1x]

8. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Someone else will have to judge. I don't have sound on my computer.

9. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Iddee......... it was a taste off between Ben's honey and some store bought honey. She liked Ben's better, it was the light amber on the left, she said it tasted light fresh honey and honey comb, then the taster said the store bought honey (dark on the right) was strong tasting.

10. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

[youtube:3gzenkar]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_yjD8mdFOk[/youtube:3gzenkar]
    I am judging this wonderful stuff and call and apple and apple.

11. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

My pops view

This is my fathers view on Bens bees HONEY
    [youtube:2vfdfiyx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyYlGaQGHtc[/youtube:2vfdfiyx]

12. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

The wife give it on a scale from 1-10 200 see for yourself!
    [youtube:3ev6drx0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY366n61zsU[/youtube:3ev6drx0]

13. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

The Duckmister tellin the dad blame truth about Bens Bees honey,, comes from the heart to yours.
    [youtube:w3ynok0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC8VuYVFnCc[/youtube:w3ynok0w]

14. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Man I LOVE that. Next Spring when I get some more honey I'm gonna send you a big 'ole jar!

I literally just sold my last jar for the year. I'm totally outta honey 'til spring now.

15. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Ducks are you a used car salesman?!?! :rolling: :rolling: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rolling:

"Hello Ben, I need some more of that golden goodness............WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOUR OUT!!" :telephone:

Just kidding around, good videos.

16. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

Yes Sir re-Bob that honey is some MMMmmm MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Good business :)
    Naw I never have been in sales but it sounds like a lay down job :)
    Thanks for the honey and for all the good members at this site as well. God Bless.

17. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Man I'll tell you this... Ducks' video is better than any Billy Mayes pitch out there. I had a few jars left when he posted that and I sold out within just a couple hours. :Dancing:

Ducks I'm gonna hook you up with a few big jars of that honey next spring... This year my first harvest was June 15th, so around that time next year should be my first harvest as well, weather dependant of course.

18. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

Brother that will make my week,,, that golden goodness you gave me now has all my family begging for more.
    Your Golden Goodness will put a smile on everyones face I choose to share it with.
    I can not tell you how happy I am to have received that! :thumbsup:
    Thank you Mr. Ben,, I cant say it enough Brother! :Dancing:

19. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

It would probably be cheating to send you purple honey, huh? Have you decided on a prize yet?

20. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

I have to say some Purple honey would be a blessing to try,that is if your just not teasing me?