Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a recipe. Anybody got one? I want to use mother of vinegar, not natural yeast.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I mean honey fermented to make vinegar rather than mead. It uses a much weaker honey to water mixture and uses mother of vinegar for yeast to ferment it.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've found that. My question is, how much mother? Will a cup of mother be enough for 50 gallons, or do you need a 50/50 mixture of mother and mead? I know both are exaggerated, but I don't know what the ratio is, and haven't been able to find it.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I trashed the first batch and am waiting for the second batch to process. So far, "3 weeks", no action seems to have taken place. I'll give it 8 weeks and trash it if nothing happens.

Dismal outlook, so far.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Although written, in my opinion, very poorly, it does give the highlights that I have picked up on other sites. Thanks for posting it. Every little bit helps.

The first batch, I tried to do naturally. It soured rather than fermenting. The second batch, I bought a bottle of raw honey vinegar as a starter. Hopefully, it will work better.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's what I used, Omie. 16 ounces of Braggs in a gallon jar. 6 pints water and 1 pint honey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts