Hood swarm call

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Fuzzystuff, May 27, 2013.

1. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

I got a call this evening from a home owner that said I got bees on my maple tree about 20 feet up. I said send me a picture and it looked like a nice pile of bees. We had just finished dinner so I ask the brother-in-law if he wanted to watch me fall out of a tree or get stung, he said sure so after getting a dirty look from my wife we hustled over to house. after putting my borrowed ladder up to the tree I'm still 5 feet short. The guy next door brought out another ladder that I was able to put it in the tree and strap it off. I got my bucket and brush and brushed them into it. I never found the queen but I dumped them in the box and they started fanning at the entrance. I left a little opening and strapped the box to the ladder and the ladder to the tree. I'm thinking I'm going to have to leave my box and ladder at the house to let the rest of them fly in. I sure hope its there tomorrow, but if it is not somebody is getting a face full of bees, might detour a thief. I can only provide I picture because my brother -in-law is afraid of my wife and she would not have like what I had to do.

Attached Files:

2. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Good catch! Was that a bee home there in that know in the past?

3. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Now that's some funny stuff right there! :lol:
    Nice catch! :thumbsup:

5. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

fuzzy, great post, and what perry said, some funny stuff!
    btw, are you still sleeping in the house.....? :lol:

6. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

Yes it was sealed up 3 years ago.

7. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

So far I'm aloud in the house but that could change at any minute.

8. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

"So far I'm aloud in the house but that could change at any minute."

.....:lol:
    too funny!

9. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

Picked up box of bees and took them to the yard. Opened it up to straiten the bars and they had already started drawing comb out. There were 3 1/2 bars full of bees so it was all good. The sweet yellow clover is starting to bloom and there is a ton close to the bee yard along with the alfalfa field. Not to bad and some cash in my pocket.

Jury is still out on whether I'll be sleeping with the bees or the girls club house:lol:

10. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

"Not to bad and some cash in my pocket.
    Jury is still out on whether I'll be sleeping with the bees or the girls club house:lol:"

......:lol: fuzzy, gotta part with some of the cash to your beloved for shopping or as she desires....it will make her happy, and you won't be sleepin somewhere else......:lol:
    me, i have a mr, so have to approach it differently.....bought you a new tool here honey...come look at this.....:lol:

11. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

I guess you are right

12. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

Very nice bunch of bees...got a call the other day "bees in a maple tree" got there and they were about 80 feet up and no way to get at them...glad yours was more accessible. Tom