Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised Iddee, here's how I make my trapout cones from metal window screen material which is cheap and easy to find at any hardware store or even WalMart...

I apologize in advance for the blurriness of some of these pictures, the camera does not want to focus on screen material.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
very nicely done i got to put a little duct tape on mine its a ******* thing :D

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Nice job Ben:

Hey Rat, we don't waste good duct tape up here, can't afford to.
Just roll your screen and wrap bale wire around it!
Mightn't be purdy like one with duct tape but it worked. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks for the photos and info everyone. Was thinking that if I couldn't find any 1/8" cloth that I could buy a tomatoe cage( the cone type) and cut the bottom ring and spikes off to use as a support for window screen, but with the ideas from you all that may not be needed. The guy wants the bees GONE and I'm worried that if I tell him that I have to order wire and it will be a week before I can start that he may do something stupid. Jim

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Rat, he's right. Bailing twine or wire is just as ******* as duct tape, and was a lot longer ago.

Bailing twine and wire clothes hangers have fixed many a ******* machine.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got to put a little duct tape on mine its a ******* thing
How do you keep the bees from getting stuck to the tape?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Interesting post! I made up a couple of cones today using this method. only difference was that I took a large sewing needle and threaded the wire to it and actually sewed it like making a seam. Worked very well!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I also sew mine together with frame wire. Starting at the small end and working to the large end. I use a stapler to hold the large end together, works really well for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts