Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
3,726 Posts
This is not a bad idea. His following stuff in the video is also quite good. Different ideas, different hive styles but the video is worth watching.
I don't use canvas over my hives but I could. His english is not great, the queen is called a uterus in the video, but the images are good enough to get past the english.

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is not a bad idea. His following stuff in the video is also quite good. Different ideas, different hive styles but the video is worth watching.
I don't use canvas over my hives but I could. His english is not great, the queen is called a uterus in the video, but the images are good enough to get past the english.
informative and entertaining. The swarm trap, is like mine I just made, (original idea from an unnamed Russian source i think) but I did mine under a bucket lid, so I can lower into a bucket, but his video has given me an idea- I think I'll make a couple more and use a flat langstroth roofs so I can box right up. And attached a wired frame on it for them to land on, make it so it removable from the roof, put two long nails in, bend at right angles so the right angle hooks under the top bar of frame, and out them at opposite orientation so frame it can't jiggle out. but make it so you can swivel the nails sideways and leave frame in hive.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sure glad I checked in this morning. That is a good video. It gives me some ideas too but I would sure like to build one like his for an interesting experiment. Coming up with canvas is the hard part. Last time I was in Jo Ann fabrics there were a couple of old ladies that made fun of me for buy knitting needles. I had to explain to them that I was using them to take tangles out of my fishing line on my bait casting reels. They didn't believe me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts