How NOT to remove bees from your porch roof!

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by pturley, Sep 21, 2012.

1. pturley

pturley New Member

2. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

peoples ability to do incredibly stupid things never ceases to amaze me.
    Barry

3. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

I'd have driven the 47 miles to do a cut out with pturley. I wonder if they weree honey bees or something else.

4. riverrat

riverrat New Member

classic example of cheaper is better. No wonder some states have a minimum age to buy lighters. Oh and hold my beer and watch this

5. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

the more I deal with the public the more of this I see, I scratch my head and wonder as a race how we have survived this long with soooo many stupid people on this planet:roll: Im a firm believer that if a person proves without a shadow of a doubt to be that stupid they should be prevented from breading:lol:

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Zookeep, did you drive home from Sonnys after a few jumbo bud lites? We all do stupid things at times, when others are looking at what we did.

How many hundreds of people have done the same thing successfully? Most times, it's only in hindsight that it seems to be stupid.

7. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

lol I never drink and drive, if I have 1 beer or a glass of wine no car its that simple, my wife drove from sonnys, she didnt have and beer:thumbsup: driving even after 1 beer is just not worth the risk in my book

8. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I bet you can still look back over your lifetime and see things you did that you now feel were totally stupid. I know I could write a book on mine.

9. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

I'm with you thee Zoo, I make my living with my drivers license, I sure ain't gonna mess that up.

10. blueblood

blueblood New Member

That story is sad but funny. Just another reason to call a keep to remove them. He could have paid the keep a couple hundred dollars and used the rest to buy a good used truck or something.

11. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

In retrospect, we have all done things that in hindsight which is always 50/50 and wondered how we managed to live to be the adults we have become. In this particular incident, there are clear reasons NOT to have done what was done, the possibilities were too bad to consider the actions done. So to save a couple hundred dollars, they will now spend thousands..worse the results were quite predictable and one would thing that adulthood wouild teach the commonsense about it--apparently not--but then thats why those in the construction trade still have a few jobs.
    Barry

12. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Barry,

I know a young Texas contractor that would have tried this. I let him work on my house once, in about 2007, then determined that I'd do less damage just doing it myself.

The construction trades may be better in other states.

13. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

lol now thats scary...
    Barry

14. Gypsi

Still waiting for him to come back and replace all the window glass he broke, lol.

15. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

did anyone happen to scroll to the comments .....

"I guess the good news is it wasn't so confined a space that when he lit it the resulting fireball set his unbrilliant self on fire. Other sites say a passerby motorist called it in, so where was this self-professed Einstein........"

"Well, did he get rid of the bees at least?"
    :shock:
    the next guy....
    "LOL?

i am guessing 'einstein' ran his self out of there after the resulting explosion, and after burning/singing any hair or skin on his head (empty of brain cells), or that of the exposed arm he used to light the the roof under the porch up with, he was treated in the local emergency room....to add to his $8,ooo loss......i wonder how he explained that? :lol:

16. lazy shooter

lazy shooter New Member

A top ten Darwin Award candidate.

17. Gypsi