Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My garden is 6 feet wide and 20 feet long. I went out today and bought my fourth tractor.

Anybody have a straight jacket handy??

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
What do you use the tractor for?
I just use a big fork, a large hoe, a scuffle hoe, and a shovel. lol!

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
USE IT?? :shock: Heck no. If I get everything fixed and running, I put a for sale sign on it. :D

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One ford 3000 diesel, which I use for mowing, towing, etc.
One Long diesel, belongs to my son.

3 ford 8n.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Is that all you got when you bought it of have you already torn it down that far? :shock:
Boy, you don't take things on in a small way, that's some project!

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't know about the Hoyt, but the house looks similar to the one I grew up in.

The tractor was complete other than the distributor and coil. I have taken it down to sand blast and paint.

ABK, it may not need it, but it's gonna get it anyway.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I can now do what i use to dream about, have a tractor for every peice of equipment so you don't have to take half a day changing equipment. :thumbsup: (that was before 3 point hookups) The sad thing is, now that i'm older and have all this equipment, i don't farm that heavy anymore and after putting all the work into fixing those tractors up, if i sold one it would be like selling one of my children. :lol: Jack

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
I learned to drive a tractor on an old 8N... I must of been 10 or 11 at the time. fast forward 15 years and while working for Ford Motor Co I likely sold the last complete new block for an 8n down around Macon Georgia when I helped clean out a old tractor dealership.

those were good tractors but they were hell on the fences... if ya' know what I means... and some here likely do.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts