How to prevent the attack of bees?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RalphNiles, Jun 21, 2017.

1. RalphNiles

RalphNiles New Member

Hi guys,
    My house is a recently constructed, single-storeyed, contemporary house. I have vinyl windows and doors installed in the house. The main reason for opting vinyl windows and doors is that it is energy efficient, long lasting and extremely durable.

Last day while I was watering the plants, I saw a beehive outside the windows. Although it is a small hive, I'm little scared because I have kids at home who always play outside the house. I also have a doubt whether these bees will destroy the new windows. How can I get rid of these bees? What are the safety precautions that has to be taken to prevent the attack of bees?

2. Steve's Bees

Steve's Bees New Member

You might want to try contacting a local bee club. They will tell you the name of someone who would be glad to remove the bees for you. Just google "bee club" for your area.

3. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Member

post a picture of the hive, it may be wasps or yellow jackets and not honey bees. if thats the case , just kill them off..

4. RalphNiles

RalphNiles New Member

I'm not able to post the pic of the hive. It is not a wasp or yellow jackets. I'm sure that those are honeybees.

I'm planning to contact a bee club for the help because day by day the hive is getting increased in size.

5. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Member

well if they are honey bees this is the perfect time to buy a hive and transfer them into it...its very rewarding when you can watch them grow and give you some fresh honey..and very frustrating when they dont...but the biggest expense are the bees, which you have gotten a gift from nature..

6. Steven Thomas

Steven Thomas New Member

To help prevent honey bees from building a colony in your house or yard, fill all cracks and crevices in walls with steel wool and caulk. Remove piles of junk, honey bees will nest in an old soda can or an overturned flower pot. Fill holes in the ground, and cover the hole in your water valve box.