Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a job years ago with a small apiary raising queens and sending them all over, I spent a lot of my time there moving bees around the state to pollinate crops, and building frames and boxes. It was a fun job and I have missed watching the bees. I have 25 acres in the foothills 70 miles east of Sacramento where we live and operate a solar powered machine shop. We have a few chickens for bug/weed control, 17 goats who work every day cleaning up underbrush, a huge white dog who keeps the mountain lions from eating the goats, and a Rotty that keeps my wife happy by always being under her feet.
I have been wanting to have a few bees for some time and keep forgetting to order them, well this year I got them ordered, put into their new homes and they seem to be doing well.
I am surprised and thankfull for all the helpfull folks on these forums, I hope to be able to contribute one day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First I have to come up with something intelligent to write about, might be a big job for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With a full service CNC ( computer numeric control ) machine shop and a fair sheet metal shop out back we have "Kustomized" everything from Yo-Yo's to stuff out in space. Mostly dirt bikes, streetbikes, antique Indian motorcycles, chainsaws, streetrods, airplanes, scrappbooking, well you get the picture, toys. Last week it was a bee hive ( see trapout flintstone style ). I have aprx 38 years Kustomizing my enviroment and that of others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts