Howdy from sunny Florida

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by crackerbee, Apr 19, 2011.

1. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

Hello members of the Beekeeping Forums it's good to be here.Looks like a real nice forum with plenty of friendly members.
    I don't know how much I can contribute regarding experience,I've only taken up beekeeping recently in the last year or so,and I have only three hives at present,but the fun is in the learning.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Howdy, Howdy, Cracker. Welcome. Being a newbie, you will see and post important info for other newbies that us old timers have long taken for granted and will never think to post. Your insights are just as important, maybe more so, then the old beeks.

So post away.

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Hi Crackerbee:

By just signing on you have made a contribution. Any questions asked tend to refresh the memories of those on the forum, and are always welcome. Like the book I'm reading right now (Honeybee Democracy) the best decisions are made when the input from individuals is maximized. :mrgreen:

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hello Crackerbee and welcome to the forum :wave:

A great place to ask questions and also contribute, will not find a nicer bunch of folks. No need to be shy just jump right in!!

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

Howdy from central Texas and welcome aboard.

6. bamabww

bamabww New Member

Welcome, this forum has been lots of help to me.

7. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Hey there from NC, glad to have you around! :D

8. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

Thanks all for the warm welcome!!!!

I really like this forum mainly because from what I've seen it's not strictly moderated like another forum(not mentioning any names)I was looking to join before I found this one.Sometimes over moderation can give a "Bootcampish" atmosphere and can take all the fun out of participating,if every little detail you post is scrutinized to the letter.I've been used to forums that the simple rules of no fighting,no cussing,no spitting :duel: and showing courtesy to fellow members works just great.It's sometimes very easy to occasionally stray a little off topic just trying to be friendly and adding a little fun and zest to postings.IMHO I believe people need just a little breathing room when posting because even a simple reprimand can some be embarrassing for someone who is already a little shy to post,and may prompt them not to participate sometimes.This being said I sure I will enjoy posting and making new friends here on Beekeeping Forums,and will surely remain a long term member. :amen:

9. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

to be quite straight up with ya' CrackerBee some of us are outcast from such forums. one might suspect (the one being myself) that some folks that run some forums have psychological issues that they need to address....

just my two cents...

10. G3farms

G3farms New Member

You are right crackerbee and tec some are outcast and landed here (not me though), but this is a laid back bunch of beeks here with good giving info.

11. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Welcome Crackerbee, from SW. Mo. Jack