Howdy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ducks®™, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

Thank you for allowing me to read and learn from everyone as I am a "Brand New Pup" With this new hobby .
    I am in north central Arkansas 46 years of age and worked over 26 years as a Union Electrician.
    My hobbies include Duck hunting,Dove and computers.

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

howdy and a curious blend of interest.

3. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

Welcome to the board! :wave: I'm glad you like it here.

4. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Hello and welcome. From hunting to beekeeping .....wow! How did you become interested in bees?

5. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

I recken I an getting older,, I judge dirt and like taking micro close ups of wild flowers, Strange is me, as I shall not be in the normal as it can become monotonous.
    Hunting is a sport of love,, I dont enjoy the killing aspect of it more so being outdoors and the great bounty of the days end.

6. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

If you only knew my lifes story,,, 11 B 82 nd Airborne Ranger Ft Benning Ga C-5-1,And from the ripe of age of 8 I trained 3 different styles of martial arts at St louis.Then went full contact at the age of 21, I am a humble man that controls himself :). Last Saturday I had complete knee reconstruction.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoUOrLe4vlY
    My computer hobbies include C++ coding along with php, skript and binary.
    Enough about me and may I add A very nice welcome to the site you have reached out to me,, with that I give thanks;)

7. riverrat

riverrat New Member

hey welcome to the site. I can see all ready you going to fit right in

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hello ducks and welcome to the forum!

9. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Hey, duck, did you ever work on 220 2 phase equipment?

10. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

Yes I have,, is there something I can assist you with?

11. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

single phase most people call it 220,, but think of it ,, one leg has to be out of {phase} to gain 220 / long story it all depends on how far you wish to know my friend. but as you say 2 phase... that would mean 4 wires properly installed at any start and ending of the wires if it had 110 vac controls.....everyone wires electricity ,.,, the only difference is a man that can cypher what is wrong and understand it and how to do it right the first time/

12. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I'm not an election. I have wired a few machines in 35 years of buying and selling them. One time I bought some machines from an old factory in Philadelphia. All the motors were 2 phase. I had to replace them with single or 3 phase. It's the only time I've ever seen 2 phase equipment.

13. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

They still use that down town St. Louis in some parts,,, trust me I worked out of Local 1 St.Louis for years.

14. Iddee

Iddee New Member

So how do they get the 2 phase? What is the original voltage and how is it connected?

15. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

Transformers, convert most all things we know of but there are other ways to create a difference in a cycle of a current.magnetic with a motor ,,, one would use a different configuration of how the motor windings would be.. for best performance, much like the generator in your car.. making electricity from a medicinal motion. Then you have the stata Phase. using capacitors/

16. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

you ask---What is the original voltage and how is it connected--- this I would say as I have built one hydro dam and have done service work for the core of engineers.All voltage is regulated at the source and conditioned there as well,. an answer of the source I cant recall other then they do have high voltage motors to generate,, as its more economical to reduce the voltage than to increase.

17. XLB

XLB New Member

howdy duck and welcome to the forum! :wave:

i have a friend who was a 82nd airborne ranger in ft Bragg and was trained in Brazilian jujitsu. what arts were you trained?

again, welcome to the forum.

18. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

Tang Su Do,Shorinji Toraken Ryu & Shotacon