Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Tom Riblett, live in south central Nebraska. Not new to bee keeping but I have been away from it for awhile. I am an avid trapper and put up fur for many other trappers and hunters. Glad to be a member here. Tom

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Hello Tom and welcome to the forum!! :hi:

I sent you a PM. Look at the very top of the screen for notifications.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Nebraskan, Tom. I'm anxious to hear about your beekeeping experience since I'm a newbee. The more information the better!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all, I worked for a commercial bee keeper for a while. Had my own hobby bee yard for several years. Moved to another home and the neighbors cattle knocked over the 15 colonies I had brought with me, on a cold December night. Lost them all.... Looking forward to establishing my new bee yard with swarm and cut outs and hopefully no medications. Will let you all know how it goes in the future. Only a total of 5 stings so far...LOL
G3farms, got your message and replied. Like the bees I don't hear well and thus sending you my email address...hope you understand. Tom

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum from another Nebraskan, Tom. I'm anxious to hear about your beekeeping experience since I'm a newbee. The more information the better!
I am west of Red Cloud, where are you located? Tom

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Greetings on joining the forum :hi:. I hope your equipment didn't have to be replaced too. Fifteen hives is a big investment loss to have to absorb. Several of the folks here use electric fences to protect their hives, not from cattle but from bears. :smile:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Greetings on joining the forum :hi:. I hope your equipment didn't have to be replaced too. Fifteen hives is a big investment loss to have to absorb. Several of the folks here use electric fences to protect their hives, not from cattle but from bears. :smile:
Sold most of what the cows did not smash...kept enough to get started again though... Will need to get some more boxes and frames etc. Did not know he was going to release cattle into my area is the reason no fence was put up...Tom

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Many thanks to all who have welcomed me to this fantastic site....Tom

·
Registered
983 Posts
Welcome Tom:hi:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you again, been busy getting read in on all the good information available here. Tom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts