Hygienic Bees?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ray, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Ray

Ray Member

Not sure where this post belongs.
    Friday after work, a hard, hot and frustrating day. I walked out to look at my hives. Work uniform, steel toed boots and my lucky hat. My lucky hat is an unwashed ball cap and has developed a shine, that most people would walk around, rather than step over. 6 feet from my hives, one of the girls flew in under the bill of my hat. I snatched my cap off and watched her fly around the inside. She finally exited and I pulled my cap back on. The flip of the cap or something set her off and .... bang on the back of the neck. Looked around a bit, no yellow jackets, no birds and no skunk sign. PMS?[​IMG]
    Saturday. Clean work uniform, same boots and same HAT. Walked up to the hive and one of the girls flew in under the bill of my hat and ouch!
    Time for a new hat?[​IMG]

2. BSAChris

BSAChris New Member

Your hat sounds vile, as if it might be blue with a lion on it or something like that. I would burn it immediately, then purchase a cheddar cheese coloured hat with a big "G" in the front.

3. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Well, maybe you can keep the hat and change the name to the "unlucky hat". :wink:

Walt

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Maybe they don't like the look of what's just under the hat? :???: :lol:

5. Marbees

Marbees Member

After four years of keeping bees and careful reading of your post, I believe it's a hair cut.:lol:

6. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

ray.....
    PMS????!!!!! what does pms have to do with a dirty hat and a bee sting? okay, nevermind......that's a minefield......
    :lol:
    serious? you say, clean work uniform, same boots and an UNWASHED BASEBALL CAP????? ooohh, how long that cap been unwashed......oh let me guess since the day you bought it?!....:lol:

what chris said was pretty dang funny:
    "Your hat sounds vile, as if it might be blue with a lion on it or something like that. I would burn it immediately, then purchase a cheddar cheese coloured hat with a big "G" in the front."

but then i am kinda leaning towards what perry and marbees said, something under the hat and a hair cut?........:lol:
    and i am thinkin' the advice from these two guys is FROM EXPERIENCE......:lol:

7. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Ray, disregard what riverbee said. This is way over her head, she's just 5 ft. 4 in. tall. :lol: Jack

8. Noronajo

Noronajo New Member

I believe he meant PNS- say it quickly- which accounts for an attachment to a hat that most likely needed to be trashed YEARS ago! However, dissing females AND short people ( 5'4"seems tall to me)is pretty risky.

9. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I think Ray and Jack better head for the bunker. I hear the distinctive whistle of incoming mortar rounds. :D

10. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Oops, no disrespect to short people, i just like to fight with and stir riverbee up.:lol: Our mother was 5 ft. 4 in. and with 4 sons over 6 ft. she would say, Young man, don't think your to big to get a spanking, i'll get my stool and bust your Butt.:eek:, Or take out after us saying, i'm going to jerk you wrong side Out.:shock: We never knew what that ment, but knew it couldn't be good.:lol: Jack

11. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

.......[​IMG]

ps jack, my granny used to say shall i spank ya now or later, cuz i got time for both.......:lol:

12. Ray

Ray Member

I thought everyone would enjoy this post.
    I washed a ball cap once and it split in three places, when I put it on.
    That proves that washing is bad for ball caps! [​IMG]

Thanks, PerryBee; I resemble that remark.

I keep forgetting; they allow[​IMG] 'Cheeseheads' on this forum.

​Oh yea: I love this forum!!![​IMG]

13. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

i enjoyed your thread ray, seems guys are way attached to their baseball caps for some reason........ hmmm....... a very short story of an unwashed, well worn and ragged twinkies baseball cap worn to a prominent wedding......or should i say attempt at wearing that ragged, smelly thing, and the wife said you wear that cap, and divorce is imminent......:lol:
    wearing your favorite ball cap is alright less you pi$$ your bees off.....hmmm worse yet your wife.......:lol:

chris, you will need to reply to the cheesehead comment.....i am just a transplant, but ray......don't pick on the brewers otherwise i will get cranky.....don't care how bad they are doing.....:lol:

14. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

If I read correctly, it split when you put it on---not when you washed it.
    Ray, to me it sounds like you have a problem of getting a swollen head. :rolling: