I feel right at home here....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LilWilli, Nov 8, 2009.

1. LilWilli

LilWilli New Member

There's a feeling of sublime calm and easy relaxation to be had here. ..It's like no other site I have been on.---No snobs or know-it-alls who delight in rubbing your nose in it (no site names, please), but you guys and gals have seen it in action. This is a breath of fresh air every day for me, and I hope it goes on until the sun goes down for good.

P.S....How'd I do on the Humble Meter?.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I know just what you mean and agree. I frequent a couple of other sites that are in my interest and some of the people are just down right rude. One of them is a manufacturers web sit and forum, some novice will come on there and ask simple questions to make a repair and most of the time all they get is "call a professional". Kind of sad in a way, I was always told if you can't say something positive then don't say anything.

I think this is a great site with lots of good people and knowledge.

G3

3. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

:box: So what exactly are you saying... :shock:

I worked very hard to have people be confused about me, get the wrong idea, and generally blow things out of proportion. And it's this lovey dovey stuff that will ruin it all... :rolling:

I'm glad iddee told me about this forum. :lol:

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

WELL, with 3 complaints in a row, I guess I'll have to make some changes and get some excitement in here. :lol:

5. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Just say the word iddee...just say the word..... :beg:

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Don't get his hopes up Iddee :lol:

G3

7. Iddee

Iddee New Member

AW, C'mon, G3. The higher we get his hopes up, the farther we can watch him fall. :rolling:

8. Iddee

Iddee New Member

But in all seriousness, Thanks, Guys. I hope we can continue to make it grow without falling off the straight and narrow.

Just remember, it's you guys, and gals, that make it what it is. It only takes a few bad apples to rot the basket, and so far we don't have any.

9. Charles

Charles New Member

I agree with Iddee, it's the users that make it what it is, you guy's are the reason we've been able to create such a warm and friendly place to chat.

My hats off to all :hi:

10. Charles

Charles New Member

Of course a little cat fight is nice from time to time but that's why we have bjorn :box:

11. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

We have all really enjoyed this forum, it's been wonderful to be online and share with other folks where there isn't a bunch of fighting over stupid stuff. I run away fast when there are smart remarks flying back and forth too.

I'm glad to have found a place where even my kids can "be" without me constantly having to worry about what they are reading or what is being "said" to them...... now if we can just get a grip on what they are saying we'll have it licked!

12. LilWilli

LilWilli New Member

Amen, Sister Beek. :beg:

13. Walt B

Walt B New Member

I asked that my name be removed from another forum because I didn't want to be associated with the hateful communication (it hasn't). :cry:

Yesteray a fellow stopped by and wanted to watch me work with the hives...yep, 7.5 months of experience makes me the "expert". After I explained that I really wasn't the grand old wizard of beekeeping, I suggested this site for him...because of the expertise and tolerant nature of the participants. :thumbsup:

Walt

14. Brenda

Brenda New Member

I left another forum after the owner appeared to be somewhat paranoid. I read some but don't post too often in couple others.
    I like that this place has a friendly, non-judgmental demeanor, and a garden and rural forum too.

15. Charles

Charles New Member

You won't find a friendlier place :thumbsup:

16. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Yeah, well there is always something that needs fixing. Thanks for pointing that out.

:)

17. LilWilli

LilWilli New Member

Oh, I believe that this dance will go on as long as Mother Nature's band continues to play. :thumbsup: