I guess it's that time of year again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bens-Bees, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Yep... it's officially cold and flu season. Every one of us has it now. It's the first time my son's been truely sick.

2. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

The flu this year is NASTY! We didn't have it nearly as bad as the rest of our church folks did but still has taken nearly a week to feel like even thinking about leaving the house.

I hope your son gets over it quickly!

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hope you and your family get to feeling better.

4. rast

rast New Member

Yep, my wife has it, some at work have it, and a 1/3 of my church has it and I am starting to feel rotten, only wired 3 boxes of frames tonight.

5. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Just got back from the hospital... poor little guy got double-ear infections from it. He was getting better until the ear thing. I've been laid up with it playing hookey from work the past two days with sinus headaches so bad I can't even enjoy a minute of my time off. My wife's got it worse than anybody I think, she's absolutely wiped out.

Oh yeah, it's great fun at our house... or maybe not so much.

Good time to invest in over the counter cold remedy company stocks.

6. Walt B

Walt B New Member

I think you're right. My wife picked up a box of cold tablets for me yesterday and I'll pick up another one on the way home this afternoon. Doubt that I shall stay all day.

Got a sign on my office door, "Germ Zone", so I won't be infecting anyone with sense.

Walt

7. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Zinc, honey, and Vitamin D! And a good daily dose of fresh air. That's my theory.

And if all else fails, remember, alcohol kills germs. :eek:

8. charmd2

charmd2 New Member

Eeek. Hoping the flu shot covers me and mine. It does not sound plesant. Hope the little one feels better soon. It is difficult to explain to them why they are miserable and when it will get better.

My daughter used to do what her grandma called "the dying cow routine". She would wail and bellow whine and moan at the slightest sniffle or sneeze. You never really knew when she was hurt or sick because it was always the worst anything had felt. "Oh I stubbed my toe, = am Dying!"

To funny she has gotten a bit better with age but not much.

9. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Some of my neighbors say there's a bug going around.They claim it's like the green apple quick step and if you have to sneeze you better be sitting in the outhouse. :confused: Jack

10. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

My wife and son both got the flu shot, but I did not, all three of us caught it, so this strain is different than the strain in the flu shot.

You might have something different going around in your neighborhood, none of us have been sick at the stomache except my son when he got himself so worked up from screaming from the ear infections that he puked.