I joined the American Apitherapy Society.

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by RachelHaygoodNC, May 4, 2012.

1. RachelHaygoodNC

RachelHaygoodNC New Member

Anyone else?

When I went on their site the forum was a cesspool of many thousands of blatant marketing posts...

I informed them but who knows.

It's a site you go to and pay for one, two or three years. One year is 45.00.

There are some decent journals and a lot of people to contact regarding apitherapy which is a perk.

Just wondering if anyone else has experience with it.

2. Omie

Omie New Member

That seems awfully expensive if they are not even maintaining their forum properly. ??

3. RachelHaygoodNC

It was disappointing...More than anything I was shocked. I want to learn about apitherapy and since it's newer to being accepted in the US there are not as many practitioners-I figured the site would assist me in my search and provide what it stated. I have seen a great long list of practitioners and their locations (in the us and not and they are listed accordingly) with their contact information. The journals that paid members are privy to seem decent so far. We will see.

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

do keep us informed of your experience there. when I hear of apitherapy I always think of Charlie Maratz (spelling likely all wrong). 50 years ago I use to read his articles in the journal and think old Charlie was a bit out there... now I look back and think of what a genius he was.

in life little journey in my old smelly bee truck I have had the opportunity to meet one person who was trained in apitherapy by Charlie.

5. RachelHaygoodNC

The AAS responded to my email and told me about a lot of courses that they have to offer which sound compelling. The treasurer said that people travel from all over the world. She also mentioned a Charles Mraz course and conference.

She said the forum will be cleaned up, soon..

I don't know who Charles Mraz is but sounds interesting.

6. RachelHaygoodNC

In 1992 the American Beekeeping Federation recognized Charles among the five most distinguished beekeepers in the country for his advances in commercial beekeeping. He was recognized as a pioneer of bee venom therapy and traveled the world helping people.