I just returned from Hawaii!

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Gator_56, May 23, 2012.

1. Gator_56

Gator_56 New Member

I purchased some local Honey while I was there...

Two different kinds, one was A Christmas Berry(which oddly enough reminds me of cane syrup) and the other was Helua Honey.... it is almost white and crystalized... VERY DELICIOUS!!!

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Hi Gator, welcome back home.
    Like you, when travelling, I try to buy some local honey for the tasting. Hope you and your family enjoy the honey and let it serve you as a sweet reminder of your trip.:wink:

3. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

Gator_56 said "Just returned from Hawaii"

Quit rubbing it in. Just kidding, hope to go there myself next year when I retire.

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I am told the birder folks have life list...

tecumseh has a life list of places he would like to tend bees... hawaii is of course on the list.

taste in honey is an odd thing don't you thing? some honeys which get such great reviews I really don't care much for.

5. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I had friends bring us back jar of honey from France, packed in a very nice container. It was very dark but when I put some on a spoon it had (for me) a very unpleasant smell and an almost bitter taste. No idea what kind of honey it was but..........Ugh!

6. Gator_56

Gator_56 New Member

Both of these were very good but the white one, Helua, was by far the best! It is so crystallized it's almost like eating candy!!!